My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently started having a problem with my compass when I go to refuel. It started when attendants would tell me my tank was full , When I knew I wasnt.
It was suggested that i pump my own gas & that was working fine until 2 weeks ago filled up @ station then pulled into traffic & I stalled out 2Xs.
Then on Monday filled up again then started car & let in run for a few minutes. stalled out four different times. It was like driving car w/no power steering or anything

·
Registered
42 Posts
You didn't mention if you had a check engine light on. Typically with issues like this the tank is not venting. Inspect the filler pipe. It will have a small pipe attached to it to allow the tank to purge. The rubber hose that attaches to the filler pipe may be restricted. I would also check the emission hoses that run to the engine compartment to see if they have fuel present. Another thing to consider is the fuel tank venting solenoid. If it sticks, you will have similar problems. Feel free to contact me. I would be glad to help. Marty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts