My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 Jeep compass. I had previously owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee and was in an accident and I was completely unhurt so it seemed a good idea to stick with the Jeep brand. I bought a Compass because it got better gas mileage. However, at 120,000 miles, the transmission started to slip. There is no fixing this transmission as it is a continuous velocity transmission. I have to have a new transmission put into this vehicle and the least it will cost me is $2300. My husband has a ford mustang with 450,000 miles on it and still has the same transmission. In doing research, this is not an uncommon problem. I can get a new transmission but I may have the same problem in 4 years. Is there anything that Jeep can do to resolve this problem. sad:

·
Registered
272 Posts
How many miles do you have on the vehicle right now at the moment? You could try to contact Jeep client care and see what they say, on a very slim chance, they may be willing to negotiate a deal with you by paying a portion of it but I do doubt that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts