My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told it would cost around $2000 to repair my rotted rear subframe. I have 86,000 miles on it! 2 years ago the dealership replaced the front crossmember due to rotting as a recall. I had it in the shop 6 months ago for replacing the ignition coils for the 3rd time in 3 years! That's another defective issue! Their free vehicle inspection noted nothing wrong, just needed new tires. So my subframe rotted away in less than 6 months?! I am furious! I hope the extended warranty will cover this! I live in Michigan and am the second owner.

·
Administrator
2,283 Posts
Those vehicle inspection reports are useless. They keep saying they checked the 4wd system . . . on my FWD Patriot!

In the case of a rusty subframe, I wonder if you were trading it in, if they would check any more thoroughly?

What year is your Compass? I'm curious to know if the frame is covered.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
782 Posts
Welcome
To Compass. Sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully it is coved. If not , let Stellantis know in case they expand the years that are covered. Save receipts in case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those vehicle inspection reports are useless. They keep saying they checked the 4wd system . . . on my FWD Patriot!

In the case of a rusty subframe, I wonder if you were trading it in, if they would check any more thoroughly?

What year is your Compass? I'm curious to know if the frame is covered.
My compass is a 2011. I just read that compass/Patriot years 2008-2012 and Dodge Calibers 08-12 have an extended 10 year front and rear crossmember corrosion (X69 warranty extension)
Welcome
To Compass. Sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully it is coved. If not , let Stellantis know in case they expand the years that are covered. Save receipts in case.
Stellantis?

·
Administrator
2,283 Posts
My compass is a 2011. I just read that compass/Patriot years 2008-2012 and Dodge Calibers 08-12 have an extended 10 year front and rear crossmember corrosion (X69 warranty extension)

Stellantis?
Stellantis is the new owner of Jeep. They are a conglomerate that owns all the former Chrysler brands and several European makes as well. I hope they cover your warranty, but it looks like you are past the 10 year window.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts