My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Compass Broken Rear spoiler clips

Hi All, has anyone had the clips that hold the rear spoiler to the lift gate break? Contacted the dealer and he has never heard of this problem before, and he was unable to find any info on it either. The dealer is 2 plus hrs away and I don't really want to make the trip just for a look see. Currently have the spoiler duct taped as most of the clips are busted. Can't remove it as the brake light wiring and washer fluid line run through it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same deal

The clips broke off of mine as well. I'm thinking of drilling holes through it to fit auto body moulding clips, instead of the 500 dollar estimate I was given. I figure if u get some touch up paint and paint the flat headed clips, along with some double sided 3m foam tape it won't be too noticeable because the holes for the original clips are fairly uniformly placed. Did you have any luck with your repair?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know on mine there were some foam rubber spacers that came out from under it and then it felt loose. I took it off and made new foam bumper pads and glued them back in the original spots. Haven't had a problem since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts