My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After six years as a two-Jeep family, we decided to add a third to the stable and got a new Compass Latitude 4x4 in mineral gray. Loving it so far - better gas mileage, lots of "creature comforts," and no worries. The CVT II is a unique thing...getting used to it, though.

No major mods, as it's leased, but we did add a Mopar cargo tote and some WeatherTech FloorLiner mats so far.

Here are a couple of pics:

Our oldest Jeep and our newest, side by side:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome. What county in PA? I see you don't have an Emission sticker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Franklin County - no emissions testing for us, out in the middle of Amish country. ;)

First week we had our new Compass, we took it up to Altoona. Temps in the high 90s, high humidity, AC running the whole way up and down all of those mountains, auto-sticking on the downgrades to help control descent...ran like a champ all the way there and back.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Couple nice Jeeps, glad to hear you're enjoying the Compass, thanks for sharing the pics! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Cherokee! And in honor of your username, here's our "middle" Jeep, our '99 Cherokee. Over 154k miles and still going strong. This was taken right after we had a friend remove the door trim, fix the rocker rust, and apply Herculiner to the rocker panels.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice looking Cherokee and I agree, definitely looks like you take good care of your rides! Here is mine, hence my username lol

- Cherokee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice XJ - ours has the I6 also. I'll admit, I do miss the I6 when I'm trying to accelerate from a stop in the Compass.

Thanks to both of you for the compliments! We do try to take care of them well. We plan on keeping them as long as possible...although the salesman did try to talk me into trading the XJ in on the Compass, as he's been looking for an XJ like that. :D

Both the XJ and the YJ are lifted, but only 2" budget lifts. Gave us more clearance for better tires and offered a little more "flex room."

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Thanks for the compliment on my XJ. Funny, I had a similar experience years ago when I was looking to buy another vehicle, the dealership wanted my Jeep, was even willing to give me good money for it but there was no way I was letting it go! BTW, like the color of your YJ, we literally called the color of my '81 Ram "oxidized" maroon lol!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heh...yeah, our salesman asked us several times if we were sure we didn't want to trade the XJ.

As for the YJ, we've waxed it a couple of times, and it always looks great right after...but soon goes back to its old oxidized self. It's a tank, though. It has been involved in two separate collisions with deer, both at around 45-50 mph. The deer (both full grown does) were goners, while the YJ was able to be driven home both times without any major damage. No damage at all the first time, other than some deer hair and flesh throughout the undercarriage. Second time, one front fender and fog lamp were borked, but the fender was easily hammered out and Herculined, and the aftermarket fog lamp was replaced.

It, too, is still going strong. Any time I talk to someone who has lost a vehicle to a deer, I always tell them they should buy an old Jeep! :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! I'm from the Gettysburg area, perhaps we'll cross paths sometime.
Thanks! We most likely will...I know the Gettysburg area very well and even lived and worked there for a while. Hubby still works in G-burg, so you may see the blue Cherokee as well. We're also in the area for other things from time to time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jeep still around?

VJD; Is Mcknight Motors still around? AMC/Jeep dlr for many moons in C-burg. Recently returned home to Lanc. County by Rt.30 via Maconnelsburg Mt. etc. going west to east. We were in our '12 Compass & had no problem up or Ft.Loudon side (down). Have you tried Long Pine Run fire road on So. Mountain? Also nice pleasure drive for bike or Jeep on 234 from So. Mt. to York! Just throwing in my twocents as I a former CASH alum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nerf Bars

Has anyone installed nerf bars on their compass. Seriously thinking about it, just concerned abour how it will look, I like to look of my 12 Compass. I already have vent shades

1 - 16 of 16 Posts