My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question to hopefully someone can clear up a issue im having with my local dealer when they made a repair on my 2012 jeep compass. Just alittle info my compass it lost heat almost completely and after the dealer replaced thermostats, it was later determined that the heater core needed to be replaced. The local dealer here had it for 8 days(giving me a rental) and after getting the car back I noticed 143 extra miles. Of course I questioned why the extra miles but they stated they had to use a anti-freeze to get the gunk out of the cooling system and order to do this required driving the car(manager said they had to drive it 120 miles)? This totally sounds bogus to me but wanted to join the foruem and see if others had issues or know the process when repairing the car. Thanks in advance.........

·
Registered
286 Posts
that dosent sound right at all u fush the system tghem and there u don't have to drive it around unless u had a blockage with the gunk but even then u just turn the car on and rev the engine u don't have to drive it but im just a mechanic in the army so on civi cars I cant say for 100% but ur right it sounds bogus

1 - 2 of 2 Posts