My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Jeep Compass which I bought about half a year ago. Every time theres a rain storm, a whole puddle forms on the floor of the front passenger side. I’m not sure where it’s coming from. I’ve tested the sunroof drain tubes and they seem to drain fine and I’ve checked the AC drain tube by the driver side and that seemed fine too. I’m not sure where else to look. It seems to come from the side right where the door is but I can’t seem to find the trace. Has anyone else had this issue??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 Jeep Compass which I bought about half a year ago. Every time theres a rain storm, a whole puddle forms on the floor of the front passenger side. I’m not sure where it’s coming from. I’ve tested the sunroof drain tubes and they seem to drain fine and I’ve checked the AC drain tube by the driver side and that seemed fine too. I’m not sure where else to look. It seems to come from the side right where the door is but I can’t seem to find the trace. Has anyone else had this issue??
Hi, I had the same issue in my car when it used to leak whenever it rains. I tried checking everywhere and my mechanic easily identified that it was because of the clogged drain dam. Please check the drain dam right between the hood and front windshield.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the same issue. After we bought it there was water front and back floors both sides. Took it back to dealer. They said the sun roof drains were plugged and they fixed it. It didn't rain for months. Warranty over and we had a big rain. Wet on front and back floors passenger side. Can't afford to take it in. Been reading many makes and models of Jeeps do this. Even newer ones. My 2012 Compass now stinks. We covered the sun roof and still got water inside. Not sure what to do

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the same issue. After we bought it there was water front and back floors both sides. Took it back to dealer. They said the sun roof drains were plugged and they fixed it. It didn't rain for months. Warranty over and we had a big rain. Wet on front and back floors passenger side. Can't afford to take it in. Been reading many makes and models of Jeeps do this. Even newer ones. My 2012 Compass now stinks. We covered the sun roof and still got water inside. Not sure what to do
Hi, I have the same issue in a 2018 Jeep and the warranty just ran out. Did you find a solution? I just keep sucking the water out with my steam cleaner but the car is smelling and I need to drive it for a little while longer.

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
Hi, I have the same issue in a 2018 Jeep and the warranty just ran out. Did you find a solution? I just keep sucking the water out with my steam cleaner but the car is smelling and I need to drive it for a little while longer.
You're barely out of warranty. Your dealer might still take care of it as a goodwill gesture. I've had a couple experiences with dealers who took care of me. Various dealers have replaced an alternator once, and twice replaced transmissions for the cost of labor only when they were 20,000 miles out of warranty. Your problem shouldn't cost much (if anything) for parts, so it shouldn't be unreasonable to have a mechanic look it over and squeeze some caulk into some place the factory missed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts