My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Jeep Compass with Freedom Drive II
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 Jeep Compass has been making a loud rubbing/squeaking noise that sounds like it is coming from the back wheel/shock and strut area. Does anyone know what is causing this and /or has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
1,725 Posts
Without seeing and hearing it, an accurate diagnosis is impossible. Since you're new on the forum I'm guessing you just bought this. If you haven't already, I suggest having a trusted mechanic look it over.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a squeaking noise from the Handbreakcable where it goes through the Trailingarm. It took me weeks to find it.
I sprayd some silcongrease on it and it was quiet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a squeaking noise from the Handbreakcable where it goes through the Trailingarm. It took me weeks to find it.
I sprayd some silcongrease on it and it was quiet.
Thank you for the info. I will definitely try that and let you know if it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without seeing and hearing it, an accurate diagnosis is impossible. Since you're new on the forum I'm guessing you just bought this. If you haven't already, I suggest having a trusted mechanic look it over.
I had a very trusted mechanic look at it and they can’t figure out what’s causing the noise either. i only hear the noise when I’m driving under 35 mph. It sounds like a whirring/grinding noise.

·
Super Moderator
1,725 Posts
I had a very trusted mechanic look at it and they can’t figure out what’s causing the noise either. i only hear the noise when I’m driving under 35 mph. It sounds like a whirring/grinding noise.
If it's been checked and there is no safety issue, I'd just drive it until the problem becomes more obvious. My Compass has developed some sort of a rattle and I've crawled around under there and can't find anything loose. It's most audible when driving over cracks and patches on the highway, and especially irritating on the road where I live since it is dirt with a lot of ruts and bumps. My dealership does a safety check every time I visit, and my local mechanic said everything looks solid. So I'm just living with the rattle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts