My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any pictures of the possible replacement for the Compass in 2012? I have Google'd and not really found anything that seemed plausible....lots of random speculation...

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think with the 2011 facelift?, you will be seeing more of the same in 2012.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a couple things indicating that the Compass may be going away and they may be bringing in a Fiat based 4x4 for 2012....

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good on You

BTW . . . . Good on you for more than a quarter of Million miles on your '02 Liberty.
Kudos

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I absolutely LOVE my Liberty, I wouldnt even be looking at something new except I know at some point my Liberty engine is going to give up :-(

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The might be one I saw in the bone yard. Bellie up...back to the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I think with the 2011 facelift?, you will be seeing more of the same in 2012.
That's what I've heard as well, that there aren't supposed to be any real design changes until after the 2012 model year., 2013/2014 possibly.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Face lift mean nothing when the power train and the Compass suspensions fall apart. There is nothing to indicate that Jeep had redesigned nor addressed numerous design and component failures in the new generation skin.

Many earlier owner I suspect are regretting their purchases of the Compass as I and yet to determine the next course of action.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Face lift mean nothing when the power train and the Compass suspensions fall apart. There is nothing to indicate that Jeep had redesigned nor addressed numerous design and component failures in the new generation skin.

Many earlier owner I suspect are regretting their purchases of the Compass as I and yet to determine the next course of action.
Sorry to hear about your problems Tripplec but I have almost 90,000 on my 08 Compass and no real major problems yet..touch wood..the usual suspension components have been replaced but it doesn't matter what you buy there will always be something wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems Tripplec but I have almost 90,000 on my 08 Compass and no real major problems yet..touch wood..the usual suspension components have been replaced but it doesn't matter what you buy there will always be something wrong with it.
What suspension and when (under warranty or aftermarket parts). My warranty on those parts will be up by the end of the year and I don't see the value in the extended warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read on the web that there won't be a 2012 Jeep Compass in Canada or US. I saw a couple but it appears they will be available in Mexico. Anyone aware? I'm kinda sad I just received my Jeep Compass yesterday.

Jeep Compass 2011
North Package
FWD 4dr

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Correct, no compass, patriot or caliber for 2012. Chrysler/Fiat will be introducing a Fiat based mini 4x4.
That won't do any good for those looking at a trade-in 3-5 years from now. I typically run and maintain my vehicles for 10 years or more keeping them on the road. This could be a real challenge on this one though and even moving up to new one they won't give you more than 50% the next year which is really two years since they come out so early. I tried once just to see.

Thats once auto company that does not know how to build vehicles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I hope they don't discontinue the Compass. The 2012 should be about the same as the 2011. Do note that the suspension among many other parts were improved for 2011. No way someone could say otherwise.

Maybe new exterior colors for 2012?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Correct, no compass, patriot or caliber for 2012. Chrysler/Fiat will be introducing a Fiat based mini 4x4.
there are codes and prices for them, they announced what (little) changes there will be, and, most importantly, i can order one. everything in my system tells me that there will be a 2012 compass.

EDIT: hmm...i can order one, but when i try and click "View and Update Orders," the compass and the patriot are not selectable. and we just had a driver come drop off some wranglers, and he says that they have announced the closing of the plant that builds the three cars and said that a fiat based car is going in there. now i'm confused, because my system is telling me two different things. oh well, when i know something, you guys will.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's what I read too, seems odd after just doing facelift, would have expected 3 years on it

Fiat Bravo is the car being replaced (4 years old!) with mini 4x4 - it's the last car I owned in the UK before moving to Canada, looked like this:

If not in reliability, Fiat might help Jeep produce some more modern and relevant looking vehicles, with better interiors!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts