My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all and very best wishes for 2017!

I am a new 'rookie' member and live in Johannesburg, South Africa. New to the Jeep brand and need frank guidance, please.

I'm considering buying a 2013 Jeep Compass. I'm told this model has had an upgrade in terms of a smaller engine than the previous 2.4 litre power train.

The bit of googling I've done shows lots of negative spin on this model: engine lacks power; very small improvement in fuel consumption despite the smaller engine; this entry level Jeep lacks refinement, noisy, etc. yet word has it that it is still worthy of the Jeep badge and a place in the Jeep stable.

I like the idea of owning a Jeep and cannot afford a top model in this brand. I also cannot afford costly repairs like when expensive sensors, etc. pack up. I am 65 yrs old and will retire in 5yrs. I do my own servicing of my cars and basic repairs like brakes.

My son will be starting a course at university about 1000km away and my wife and I would want to visit him say 3 or 4 times a year. Other than this I would do about 600km per month city travelling and maybe 2000km pa holiday travel which may include a bit of the African bush.

Would you recommend this vehicle to me? Would value any good advice.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the forums :)

I think if you find one that has full service records, you should be alright. Keep it maintained and you'll be good to go I think. Considering you won't be doing much driving, I believe you'll be just fine :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts