My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2014 Compass 95,000 miles a year ago.

I knew it wasn't perfect.

1st issue - The tailgate open light was on of course causing the interior lights to be on. Found the solution here. Disconnect tailgate switch...Problem solved

2nd issue - Would stutter and sometimes stall. Found the solution here. New Spark plugs...problem solved.

3rd Issue - Loud humming from rear hubs. New Hubs...problem solved.

4th Issue - Hard to fill...nearly impossible to fill. Research suggested evap canister. Replaced, no dice.
Continued to research. Suggested charcoal canister, collapsed vac lines, fuel pump, or gas tank. Found video suggested blowing out vac line from Evap Canister. Did that...threw code. Side B fuel sending unit issue. Shopped around and found fuel pump and sending unit replaced. Problem solved.

5th Issue - Stranded at grocery store. Vehicle refused to start. Checked fuses. 23 & 26 Auto Shutdown Relay not getting power. Checked relays and ASD. All getting power. All check good. Research suggested ignition switch. Replaced Ignition switch...no dice. Checked and replaced 5 year old battery...still nothing.
It has started a time or two but will die.

Continuing to research, the only thing I can come up with is the neutral safety switch.

Oh...and no CEL's.

Help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fixed...

Turns out whoever owned it prior to me had fuel pump issues. They bypassed the fuse box, hotwired the fuel pump, and tapped the ground. When I replaced the fuel pump I crimped the ground wire. Cut out old connection soldered to fresh wire. Problem solved.

Attachments

·
979 Posts
Fixed...

Turns out whoever owned it prior to me had fuel pump issues. They bypassed the fuse box, hotwired the fuel pump, and tapped the ground. When I replaced the fuel pump I crimped the ground wire. Cut out old connection soldered to fresh wire. Problem solved.
Nice catch.

I own a house that was similarly victimized by the previous owner. :pat:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts