My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a ‘14 Jeep Compass and for a few months now I’ve only been getting heat on my drivers side, when I turn on the heat it seems the passenger side stays cold, even if I’ve been driving for hours, I’ve flushed and replaced the heater core, the blender door actuator works just fine, I’m running out of options, has anyone else had this problem? Please help!

·
Registered
Jeep Compass 2.2 CRD 4x4 Limited 70th Anniversary - 2011
13 Posts
Hi, I have a similar problem, did you managed to find a solution?

Mine is I only get heat inside when I drive, but my car does not overheat, so as I understood with me might be the problem the water pump, but I also have the strange thing as you, on the left side heater works fine on the right side (the driver side I live in the UK) the heat lets say is 70%, it was noticeable on the windshield defrosting, and the heater core was flushed and is fine .... I thought the same to try and replace the heater core, but nobody here wants to take on this job and I think the cost is going to be huge so again not worth it for me, that is why still looking for a solution...

·
Registered
8 Posts
its probably a blend door actuator thats stuck. thats a door that closes inside your cars air vent system to direct the flow of air in certain directions. its wjat allows "dual climate control" and all that. your select a setting on your dash and the little door moves accordingly. sometimes they get stuck or get old and need replaced. my moms cadillac had the dame problem. cold cold air on one side and hot on the other. ended up having to tear the entire dash out to replace one blend door actuator but it fixed the problem. :) I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
there is usually more than one actuator door. depending on how elaborate your climate control functions are. otherwise try checking fuses and maybe a new blower motor. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
Jeep Compass 2.2 CRD 4x4 Limited 70th Anniversary - 2011
13 Posts
there is usually more than one actuator door. depending on how elaborate your climate control functions are. otherwise try checking fuses and maybe a new blower motor. 🤷‍♀️
Is having to do with the actual heat getting inside the heater matrix, had those checked and work (blend door etc.), I only get heat in correlation with rpm, if I stay above 2500rpm heat is normal, so I guessing now, might have something to do with the water pump...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts