My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Jeep Compass North FWD 2.4L
Transmission: ATF SP-4
Mileage: 130 000 km

I began to notice that when I press acceleration between 20-40 km/h, the car jerked sharply and made a very suspicious click or knock. Changed the transmission oil. Showed the video to the mechanics. They say that this is not a transmission and not an engine (Perhaps this is not the case). Probably someone came across this, and could help me, please?

P. S. I鈥檓 so tired of this car 馃槱

Registered
I had this same problem, change out your spark plugs and that should fix it. Not a transmission issue at all. It's a common issue with the compass.

Super Moderator
Ditto CompassDad1 above. This is the cheapest, easiest, and most likely possibility.

However, if you change the plugs and it still does it, consider the condition of your tires. Yes, tires. If all four tires are not worn the same, the wheel sensors could send bogus info to the ECM and so you may get a jerking sensation. This happened with my Jeep Patriot (sibling to the Compass). It didn't happen from a dead stop; rather it was when I was already moving along and then accelerated -- like passing another vehicle or ascending a hill and I'd give it more gas. At the time I had new tires on one axle and old tires on the other. Once I got good tires all around things were fine.

Either of these problems can be mistaken for a tranny problem. I suspect many of the CVT problems were not tranny issues at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts