My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of conflicting posts and mostly for newer models. I'm looking for some type of aggressive tire to fit on our 2015 High Altitiude. It got stuck in soft grass the other day and we had to get a tow. It was embarrassing. What are our options aside from strictly snow tires? Tire brand/models, alternate sizes? Etc? Thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aggressive are not great for highway

what tires do you have now?

how much offloading will you do?

did uou just spin on the grass? or dig in?
Not much offroading but we get some pretty bad winter's. Would like a nice aggressive all-season that would do good in snow and also mud. Something at least knobbier than a strictly highway tire. We do not drive it extended distances

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not much offroading but we get some pretty bad winter's. Would like a nice aggressive all-season that would do good in snow and also mud. Something at least knobbier than a strictly highway tire. We do not drive it extended distances
We have had good luck with the Yokohama Geolandar G015 tires on our 2016 Compass. They are a more aggressive all-season tire and actually qualify as a winter traction tire (mountain and snowflake symbol) and have been great in the snow. Ours are 225/65r17, so a little bigger than your size, but fit just fine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
as i have said before the absolutely best tires i have ever owned were dueler revos
they do great wet, snow, sand, ect.

its always my first choice for tires

if your looking for snow/ice then maybe another set of wheels and winter tires would work

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
They're the TerrainContact. Reviews i read were very positive. One of the high points is that it's quiet on the road. My wife hates the humming of tires so this was the winner.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the way they look! We'll see how they look on the compass. Gotta wait for the wife to leave it with me so i can get the wheel lock key from the dealer (they didn't give it to me)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the way they look! We'll see how they look on the compass. Gotta wait for the wife to leave it with me so i can get the wheel lock key from the dealer (they didn't give it to me)
Awesome thanks a lot! You'll have to keep me/us posted on how they work out for you. What wheels are those? They look very very nice :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as i have said before the absolutely best tires i have ever owned were dueler revos
they do great wet, snow, sand, ect.

its always my first choice for tires

if your looking for snow/ice then maybe another set of wheels and winter tires would work
What size? I dont see those in either 225/60/17 or 225/65/17

1 - 20 of 20 Posts