My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brake pedal has been pulsating when I brake very lightly. (If I brake hard it is fine.) I also hear a light springing and clicking noises coming from the the right passenger side. I figure it is a problem with one of the sensors or the ball bearings. Anyone had this issue before? Is it safe to drive like this? The car has about 95k mi.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pulsing of the pedal is extremely common on cars equipped with anti-lock brakes, even when brand new. The noises from the passenger side could be a problem. I'd have my brakes inspected, probably at a dealer.

·
1,123 Posts
If I understand your description it is the classic symptom of warped rotors. Likely your pads are worn down, too. You're about at the right miles for a brake job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had my brakes checked 3 times. I replaced the pads. I was told the rotors are fine. I am thinking it is more something to do with the ABS system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also had the ABS system scanned and no codes came up. Dealer just told me to change the brakes and pads and the problem would go away. But it did not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts