My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
You can't do that high of a suspension lift because it would put the CV axle at such an extreme angle that it would cause a lot of issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can't do that high of a suspension lift because it would put the CV axle at such an extreme angle that it would cause a lot of issues.
Just like everything else in this world there's got to be a work around...a modification to the Constant Velocity (CV) axle...

Guessing this is the first attempt at raising a Compass 4"?

Run with me here...Could someone use two modified CV axles (shortened and coupled together) to take out the excessive angle?

Back to the original stock CV...is there really that much of a difference in angle that it would cause issues (10°-20°)...where/what issues might one face...if they attempted the 4" lift with a stock CV.
How close does the 2" lift push the CV to its maximum angle; that you know for sure already, that the additional 2" in the 4" lift wont work? Just about all the way? Only 10°? Is 10°, 20°, 45°, too much on the bearings? Will the axle rod hit the inside housing? Can any of that be shaved down far enough to make any of this work?

Is this uncharted waters?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just like everything else in this world there's got to be a work around...a modification to the Constant Velocity (CV) axle...

Guessing this is the first attempt at raising a Compass 4"?

Run with me here...Could someone use two modified CV axles (shortened and coupled together) to take out the excessive angle?

Back to the original stock CV...is there really that much of a difference in angle that it would cause issues (10°-20°)...where/what issues might one face...if they attempted the 4" lift with a stock CV.
How close does the 2" lift push the CV to its maximum angle; that you know for sure already, that the additional 2" in the 4" lift wont work? Just about all the way? Only 10°? Is 10°, 20°, 45°, too much on the bearings? Will the axle rod hit the inside housing? Can any of that be shaved down far enough to make any of this work?

Is this uncharted waters?
I wish I could explain why it's a bad idea but I don't know specifics.

Someone has done a custom lift higher than 2". See attached picture. If you want to lift higher than 2 inches, you should look into a body lift or what they call a "subframe drop" which will gain you another few inches.

You have great ideas. I know the perfect place where you could ask that question and receive a lot of feedback; see 2nd attached image.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts