My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for driving in an unsafe manner. I'm assuming that this wasn't on the track at Daytona, but endangering others on the highway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for driving in an unsafe manner. I'm assuming that this wasn't on the track at Daytona, but endangering others on the highway.
Look at the clock. It was midnight and not another car in sight. I only endangered myself. I don't drive in traffic at those speeds or blow by anyone.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I saw a video someplace of a 2.4 9 speed in Europe running like 130 mph!!! In my younger dumber days I would have tested that to see if US version was the same. It does not surprise me with the stability as at 75-80 it is rock solid as long as there is no wind. But hit a strong headwind at around 80 you will be keeping both hands on the wheel and wanting to stop to check that the hood is latched properly as it will be dancing around like crazy. lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Look at the clock. It was midnight and not another car in sight. I only endangered myself. I don't drive in traffic at those speeds or blow by anyone.
Still pretty stupid, IMHO. Just sayin'
Obviously you're not married, with kids.
And...............taking a picture, while going that speed! Unfknbelievable!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still pretty stupid, IMHO. Just sayin'
Obviously you're not married, with kids.
And...............taking a picture, while going that speed! Unfknbelievable!
Single with a beautiful daughter that I carry a hefty life insurance policy on. I also ride a motorcycle with no helmet, but I know people that smoke and jump out of airplanes. Think of it this way, I just saved everyone's lives that were thinking about doing this. Now they know and don't have to do this themselves. That's just a risk I'm willing to take for my fellow Jeep Compassans.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Single with a beautiful daughter that I carry a hefty life insurance policy on. I also ride a motorcycle with no helmet,..................
I hope you have a hefty life insurance policy on YOUR life. Your daughter will need it when you're not there for her anymore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Single with a beautiful daughter that I carry a hefty life insurance policy on. I also ride a motorcycle with no helmet,..................
I hope you have a hefty life insurance policy on YOUR life. Your daughter will need it when you're not there for her anymore.
I'm so sorry for endangering myself. Will you ever forgive me? Do you feel better now? Can we talk about Jeep's now? This is not Jeep counseling 101. How we all decide to drive them is our own problem. People die off-roading rolling over their vehicles. Are you going to troll every 4x4 on here too?

·
Registered
136 Posts
i don't know what's more absurd,

that you were actually dumb enough to go 118 mph and then have your hand off the wheel to use your cellphone to take a picture...

or that you think aliens who must have mastered interstellar travel, going light-years to get to Earth, are going to be left in the dust by your jeep compass.

put down the phone and drive. The fastest that your jeep can go is the speed limit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't know what's more absurd,

that you were actually dumb enough to go 118 mph and then have your hand off the wheel to use your cellphone to take a picture...

or that you think aliens who must have mastered interstellar travel, going light-years to get to Earth, are going to be left in the dust by your jeep compass.

put down the phone and drive. The fastest that your jeep can go is the speed limit.
No it's the speed limiter of 118 MPH. I'll have to remove the limiter to have a chance against the aliens. Perhaps a turbo for the little guy? Maybe Vin Diesel can hook me up with some nitrous!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Something tells me the people complaining voted for Hillary and are sitting in their safe place (probably Starbucks) on their iPhones or Macbooks trolling the internet for people that hurt their feelings or make them feel unsafe. I might need to go trade my Compass back in for the F150 I traded and start hanging out with real men again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
trade my Compass back in for the F150 I traded and start hanging out with real men again.
what if I told you real men drive a stick shift
I've owned over 20 vehicles and half of them were stick. That doesn't include my motorcycles. I love my Compass, but not even a manual transmission would make it manly lol. It's a good economical vehicle that gets me A to B.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok everyone I have to ask have none of you ever done something that might have put yourself or even the life of others at risk? I admit I was once a street racer and my only real addiction was the adrenaline rush of driving fast. Even when I was not racing or trying to prove anything to anyone a long empty road was calling for the skinny pedal to find the floor be it a Datsun that maxed out at 100 mph a Chevy bouncing off the limiter at 98 MPH or even a Plymouth with 150 MPH on the dash that could do this easily and then some. Not saying I advise this but I'm also mindful that there are places on this globe we're driving 150 MPH is someones everyday trip to work and where they are at this might be perfectly legal.

Just the fact we are alive carries with it a high risk of death. We also often carry with us the very fact we could make a mistake that risk the lives of others. Have you ever zoned out while driving? Missed a stop sign? Pushed the red on a red light? Changed lanes and missed something in your blind spot? Driven while a little too tired?

None of us are perfect. While we should not jump in here and promote breaking the law and speeding we should also rember things we have done that were outside the confines of the law and safety. I think one of the things to look at is bossmantwentytwo pointed out this was an empty road and they do not drive this way in traffic which is much more than I can say about others I see driving at 2-3 times the limit in heavy traffic.

Some of you would have a freaking heart attack living where I do just 20 min from 421 The Snake and driving that road on a nice weekend. 489 curves, 3 mountains, 1 valley all packed in 33 miles and truck load of people wanting to test their steel. I have been driving over the limit on this road and been passed by a herd of motorcyclist traveling what I call insane speeds though this curvy road. Even pulled off the road once when I saw a Subaru WRX STI and a Corvette in my rear veiw closing in fast just to let them go at it and see if they survived the trip.Yes every now and then someone bites it but that never even slows down the flow of people on bikes and cars from having a bit of fun in these twisties. All that do so know if you push this road it might be the last trip you make on it upright anyhow but it is the risk they all know they take.

What is the point here is this all ok well of course not but we are not all wired the same way. We do things we look back at and say that is not the smartest thing I have ever done but it was fun. In the grand scheme of things doing a bit over 100 MPH on an empty road late at night is not a huge crime against humanity. Save that for the next time your on the interstate doing 80 MPH and some @$$ is doing a buck twenty weaving in and out of traffic cutting people off and driving under of over their bumper that's the true threat!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts