My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished up my oil and filter change. I also changed out my front sway-bar link. After dealing with a number of issue the first 10,000 miles. I have only the front sway bar links. I have had 2 sets replaced under warranty. I got tired of the plastic OEM junk and purchased a set of MOOG links that have grease fittings. I installed them today and now my clunk ta clunk front end is quite once again. Hopefully these will last longer than the OEM one which start clunking after 10 to 15,000 miles.
The vehicle has not used oil since new, And I have only used Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 0W-20 since new, changing it out every 5 to 6000 miles.
Well here's looking forward to hitting that 100,000 mile mark. .

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for some reason it will not let me edit my pictures.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had one crack. One other the ball fell out of plastic.
The two I replaced today ball and socket were extremely loose. These had about 25,000 miles on them.

Reactions: lundy

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am at about 18K miles and so far so good. I just couldn't believe they would make them out of plastic for any vehicle let alone a trail rated one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have had one crack. One other the ball fell out of plastic.
The two I replaced today ball and socket were extremely loose. These had about 25,000 miles on them.

A most excellent post. Great information with crisp clear pics. Thank you for taking the time to share and providing parts information.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You, I now have the picture issue fixed.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great info, I have 81K on the clock and have noticed a bit of a loose rattle up front also. I'll have to check out my links. I'm sure it is all original.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts