My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Latitude in white, I was wondering if anyone has blacked out their wheels? I am considering powdercoating them all black instead of the factory grey / brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I would be in the same boat as you but I bought one of the ones with the "good" rims :razz:

Don't worry I'm not posting just to razz you, my advice is to hit those rims with some peelcoat/plasti-dip and see how you like it with a not-so-permanent test (can take the peel coat right off if you don't like the looks). If you really like the look then you can remove the peelcoat and have them powder-coated, if you end up not liking it you can peel it off and go back to aluminum/silver.

Granted, the look of those removable paints is not the same as powder-coating but its ball-park and its cheap.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you want an example you can see for yourself in person then consider getting plasti-dip, its cheap, easy to apply, takes little time and in the end might be the end-all solution you were looking for. Sure beats the high level of commitment that comes with powder coating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my 2018 Compass and it came with silver aluminum wheels and my first thought was "I want these powder coated black". After some research and realizing it was going to cost me some $$$, I plasti-dipped mine last night. The whole process took me like 30 minutes each wheel and it looks great! Plus, I can peel it off at any time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts