My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is up guys! I just wanted to drop by and share an image of my Compass with the new Teraflex 1.5" lift kit. This kit is very comprehensive. It took about 5 hours to install with the help of my lovely wife. Aligned very easily to factory specs. I will be installing some wheel spacers next week but I think it is looking pretty good!

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks outstanding. MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! The kit was pretty straight forward. I used only hand tools (Minus the cutting wheel). Everything went together really well. I will post up some more pics soon. I ordered spacer from rugged ridge (actually for the Renegade) and the lug bolts done fit so I am trying to figure out if the renegade lug bolts will fit (any ideas?). The install instructions (and YouTube video) were very thorough and helpful.

·
Registered
831 Posts
nobrakes said:
NICE. Just found the kit myself a few days ago and figure on getting it done after the first oil change (to make sure it's not a lemon).
I like the way you think, my first oil change notice came up on the dash today. Coincidence? I think not grin:

The kits are surprisingly reasonably priced. Still going to be a hard sell with the other half since we have a wedding this year to pay for. Let me check...

[..................................]

She says not till after the wedding :crying: Maybe I can put it on our registry somewhere... :devil:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the way you think, my first oil change notice came up on the dash today. Coincidence? I think not grin:

The kits are surprisingly reasonably priced. Still going to be a hard sell with the other half since we have a wedding this year to pay for. Let me check...

She says not till after the wedding :crying: Maybe I can put it on our registry somewhere... :devil:
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I watched the install video on youtube, quick question: Are the provided swaybar links for the front longer or are they the same as stock and just quick-disconnect? Basically I am wondering if I never plan to use the disconnects could I save myself a few minutes on the install by leaving my stock swaybar links on?

·
Registered
44 Posts
What roof rack is that? I am planning on ordering the MOPAR one tomorrow. Anyone have issues concerns with quality? Sorry of topic. Your ride looks nice. I will plasti dip the wheels when weather gets about 70.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I watched the install video on youtube, quick question: Are the provided swaybar links for the front longer or are they the same as stock and just quick-disconnect? Basically I am wondering if I never plan to use the disconnects could I save myself a few minutes on the install by leaving my stock swaybar links on?
The links are for the front (They replace the PLASTIC :mad: stock links) and I did not install the disconnect posts (yet).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What roof rack is that? I am planning on ordering the MOPAR one tomorrow. Anyone have issues concerns with quality? Sorry of topic. Your ride looks nice. I will plasti dip the wheels when weather gets about 70.
The rails are a cheap Chinese set from Amazon or eBay (Can't remember). They are not the best quality but they were a hell of a lot cheaper. Still trying to figure out what basket I want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe I can put it on our registry somewhere...
Do iiit.

Today's the first real snow day I've had since getting the Compass, and although the 225/65-17's *don't* have any rubbing issues, it's still pretty tight once the ice slush starts getting packed in there. A little extra room in the wheelwells would be nice.

I used an online calculator and figured that if you add the 1.5" lift and upgrade to 225's (adds .25" ground clearance), the stock approach/breakover/departure angles (on a Trailhawk) jump from 30.3/24.4/33.6 to 35.2/28.7/38.7.

Not a bad improvement at all, and it makes it superior (in this one regard) to most any stock off-road vehicle I can think of (FJ, Xterra, Tacoma TRD, Raptor) except the Wrangler. Perhaps not a fair comparison, since it's not like to like, but it's a useful measuring stick. (I strongly considered getting an FJ, but used prices are insane and I wanted the tech conveniences of a newer car.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am planning on ordering the MOPAR one tomorrow. Anyone have issues concerns with quality?
I got the MOPAR roof rack and got the dealership to price match online prices I'd found. Then they installed it by mistake, so free of charge, although with winter I'm not really using it... but quality seems very good. Very solid and I like the discreet Jeep logos on them.

HOWEVER. I had never heard that roof racks tend to produce wind noise, and these are no exception. LOTS of wind noise -- howling, whistling, at any speed above 20mph. You've been warned.

To remedy the issue you can either buy a universal wind deflector to fit onto the front rail, coil bungee cords or ropes around the rails (google it), or remove them when not in use.

I've been too lazy to uninstall the rails and too cheap to buy a wind deflector, which would cover half the sunroof (admittedly the rails already mar the view), so with some trial and error I had some success with the bungee trick. It's not perfect but got rid of about 75% of the noise.

I also highly recommend the rock rails. Very sturdy, nice to have the extra protection but also gives you something to stand on if you're short like me and need to reach the roof.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Mopar crossbars are solid.. they are actually Thule aeorblade crossbars with some jeep branding on them. I picked them up online for ~$250. While they do increase wind noise a bit, I don't notice it as much as nobrakes (I don't have a sunroof, so that may make a diff).

I have a pic on linked thread:
http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/2nd-gen-jeep-compass-forum-general-discussion/34209-roof-rack.html#post100041

·
Registered
134 Posts

Or you could just buy what you want. Can't let someone else control the money you work for. I went and bought another car (we already had 3 at the time) while we were paying for our wedding ourselves, and my wife didn't care one bit. A $350 lift kit is nothing.

OP love the look of your Jeep with the lift! And that blue too.. :fistpump:

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is up guys! I just wanted to drop by and share an image of my Compass with the new Teraflex 1.5" lift kit. This kit is very comprehensive. It took about 5 hours to install with the help of my lovely wife. Aligned very easily to factory specs. I will be installing some wheel spacers next week but I think it is looking pretty good!
Looks great, what did you use to make the door handles black?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks amazing! Doing this kit on my trailhawk with similar tires on my stock wheels. How is it for everyday driving on tarmac?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts