My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Last month, Jeep CEO Mike Manley told Automotive News that the new Compass will outsell the popular Renegade globally and if the Brazil sales figures are any indication, Manley’s expectation may come true.

The new Compass went on sale in Brazil near the beginning of last month and already, it has become the segment leader by outselling the likes of the Hyundai ix35/Tucson, Kia Sportage, Audi Q3 and BMW X1. U.S.-based FCA spokesman Ariel Gavilan gave WardsAuto some hard numbers and in November alone, Jeep sold 2,537 Compasses, “almost five times more than the closest competitor in the segment.”

Among SUVS and CUVs in the National Federation of Automotive Distributors rankings, the Compass sits in fourth place behind the Honda HR-V, Jeep Renegade and Renault Duster. That’s not bad at all and maybe it’ll move up to second place if Compass sales do end up surpassing the Renegade’s.

Ultimately, Jeep wants to make the Compass available in more than 100 countries including the United States and Europe. Those in the States will get the 180 hp, 2.4-liter Tigershark four-cylinder engine with a choice of three transmission options and it should go on sale in the first quarter of 2017.

The Compass “has every opportunity to be the biggest-selling Jeep ever," said Manley.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Small compact vehicle sales are on the rise so I won't be surprised to see the new Compass do well. Selling more than the Renegade is a different matter. The Renegade just struck a cord with everyone and even though there were problems with it, people still wanted one or kept what they have.

Jeep will need to do the same with the Compass.

·
Registered
272 Posts
People loved the Renegade because it was a new name, and it looked different. A lot of people were a sucker for the aesthetics and then the removable panels on the roof and what not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It will take a while for people to warm up to the Compass in comparison to the Renegade but I dare say that there is enough demand in the compact SUV segment for the Compass to really come close. Smaller cars are cheaper cars too and if it's easier to finance one of these, there's no reason why the figures will overtake the Renegade figures in due time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It will take a while for people to warm up to the Compass in comparison to the Renegade but I dare say that there is enough demand in the compact SUV segment for the Compass to really come close. Smaller cars are cheaper cars too and if it's easier to finance one of these, there's no reason why the figures will overtake the Renegade figures in due time.
what helps is this time around Jeep understands the important for good design when trying to appeal to the masses and not just Jeep loyalists. At a couple autoshows this year I noticed design was a big thing to newer car buyers. Combine design with Jeep known for making "real" SUV's and it could mean a great outcome for them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's definitely the goal at this point. They have a very loyal customer base and a great reputation. Now they have to appeal to even more out there. They seem to be doing a good job and when the Grand Wagoneer gets unveiled, it'll open them up to that much higher end market as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts