My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey, what was the "on sale" price? they are currently 200$. Waiting to see the install pics, thanks.
eBay has them as low as $59+25 shipping (from China, so expect 2-3 week delivery) I've seen it as high as 179 on eBay. Found a listing that had actual pictures of the back, they appear to be plug in play with the factory wiring! For the DRL it has a wired plug that will replace the bulb in the factory socket and lock into place, the turn has a molded connector that looks familiar to the oem plug. They also have installed pictures. Just search eBay for Jeep Compass DRL and it'll be listed in the 100 or so listings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
eBay has them as low as $59+25 shipping (from China, so expect 2-3 week delivery) I've seen it as high as 179 on eBay. Found a listing that had actual pictures of the back, they appear to be plug in play with the factory wiring! For the DRL it has a wired plug that will replace the bulb in the factory socket and lock into place, the turn has a molded connector that looks familiar to the oem plug. They also have installed pictures. Just search eBay for Jeep Compass DRL and it'll be listed in the 100 or so listings.

Do you happen to have the direct link for that specific listing? I can't find that price in my searches.

·
Registered
190 Posts
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/Jeep-Compass-LED-DRL-Lights-Turn-Signal-Lamps-p/70-822.htm

will post pics upon install! on sale right now for cyber week, whatever that means.
I've seen these on eBay too. I want amber DRLs, not white. That link above looks sketchy so I'm not dumping my money there. I want to find amber halogen bulbs but have had zero luck. Only the white ones. Heads up...to replace those you will need to remove the front tires. Remove the front portion of the wheel liners. Reach in there real deep. There are two, maybe three, screws that hold the housing in. The wiring harness is not really long. I found this out whilst replacing my factory got lights with the JW Speaker ones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Heads up...to replace those you will need to remove the front tires. Remove the front portion of the wheel liners. Reach in there real deep. There are two, maybe three, screws that hold the housing in. The wiring harness is not really long. I found this out whilst replacing my factory got lights with the JW Speaker ones.
Thanks for the info on the install process. Due to back problems, you saved me some grief and pain and I'll stick with what I have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've seen these on eBay too. I want amber DRLs, not white. That link above looks sketchy so I'm not dumping my money there. I want to find amber halogen bulbs but have had zero luck. Only the white ones. Heads up...to replace those you will need to remove the front tires. Remove the front portion of the wheel liners. Reach in there real deep. There are two, maybe three, screws that hold the housing in. The wiring harness is not really long. I found this out whilst replacing my factory got lights with the JW Speaker ones.
No sir - I've gone through iJDM for the last 5 years for EVERYTHING electrical/lighting purposed. I definitely have 0 ties to this company based 1500+ miles from me but the customer service and shipping (free) has always been on point as well. I found them when I was looking for a HID kit for my Audi RS5 years ago. Long story short- you won't be disappointed with this company so don't be discouraged by a link. The lights will be in on Tuesday so I'll have an update with pictures then!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So they fit awesome, direct plug and play BUT the DRL's hyper flash even though the product description says built-in CAN-bus controller, complete no onboard computer error, no turn signal hyper flash issues.

Going back and forth with support now to remedy the issue. Might swap them out for a new pair or just say "no thanks" altogether. Thoughts on how to fix? The turn signals are solid and work fine, it's the DRL's that look like a strobe light.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So they fit awesome, direct plug and play BUT the DRL's hyper flash even though the product description says built-in CAN-bus controller, complete no onboard computer error, no turn signal hyper flash issues.

Going back and forth with support now to remedy the issue. Might swap them out for a new pair or just say "no thanks" altogether. Thoughts on how to fix? The turn signals are solid and work fine, it's the DRL's that look like a strobe light.
It looks like you know of why this happens. When I put Buckstop bumpers on my new 2012 2500HD Cummins, I put 4" Rigid lights up front. One set white, one set yellow. I wanted to hook the fogs up to the factory fog switch. Of course, factory was all regular bulbs. The lights flashed just as you described. I had to run them on their own switches. On my new MP, the JW Speaker fogs I installed to replace the factory fog lights do not flash at all. Of course, JWs cost over $300 and it may be partly because of what they use to control such actions. Good luck on the fix.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Any resolution to this? And any real life pics of how they look (other than the ones on eBay/ijdm).

·
Registered
56 Posts

It sounds like it needs a resistor along with the wiring. Common problem when switching from halogen to LED on new vehicles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm trying to simply swap the damned headlight bulbs. My big fat paws can't get in the stupidly tight space to work with the bulb. How do these headlights come out? I've removed the bolts that I can see, and it's NOT budging. Of course, google searching is giving me every conceivable jeep EXCEPT the Compass. *head desks*

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm trying to simply swap the damned headlight bulbs. My big fat paws can't get in the stupidly tight space to work with the bulb. How do these headlights come out? I've removed the bolts that I can see, and it's NOT budging. Of course, google searching is giving me every conceivable jeep EXCEPT the Compass. *head desks*
Unscrew the cap on the back, it's a big circle with a flat piece along the middle, turn that and remove it, behind that is the bulb.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Unscrew the cap on the back, it's a big circle with a flat piece along the middle, turn that and remove it, behind that is the bulb.

Yes, that part I know. My thing is that there is virtually zero clearance for me to work with behind the housing. There is a metal bar that runs right behind the headlight, making it a process that you have to work over or under, each direction severely compromising the ability to work with the bulb inside the hole. I also had to unscrew the air filter housing and push it aside to try to get some added room to move, but that metal bar is still seriously in the way. I'm ready to simply remove the entire headlight so I can bench swap the bulbs in. I gave up for the night and it still took damn near 30 minutes to get the halogen back in the socket. I can swap the alternator out in this vehicle faster than I can get a bulb changed.

ADDED

I took pics of the work space. This is why I want to get the assemblies removed to swap the bulbs. This is so tight that hands much bigger than a 10 year old's aren't going to get in this space to do anything other than clumsily fumble around

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
No bolts. Remove the plastic weather covers. One per side for each bulb. Harness is behind that. I have slender fingers and it is tight.

If you want some real fun, try and remove the reverse light harness without tools / breaking the plastic. Those are on there for life...designed to withstand an EF5 tornado.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No bolts. Remove the plastic weather covers. One per side for each bulb. Harness is behind that. I have slender fingers and it is tight.

If you want some real fun, try and remove the reverse light harness without tools / breaking the plastic. Those are on there for life...designed to withstand an EF5 tornado.
That is a no go for us. Removing the weather covers is about the only thing you can readily do with this. Forget fiddling with the bulbs. We were in the garage over three hours and cannot get enough grip on the replacement bulbs to do anything more than hold them in place. I need to get these removed somehow.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is a no go for us. Removing the weather covers is about the only thing you can readily do with this. Forget fiddling with the bulbs. We were in the garage over three hours and cannot get enough grip on the replacement bulbs to do anything more than hold them in place. I need to get these removed somehow.
I replaced the high beam bulbs with some VisionX bulbs shortly after purchase of the MP. It took about 10 minutes total. Try using some 8" adjustable pliers with rubber grip covers to twist the socket out of the housing. Otherwise, just let them be. What are you putting in to replace the factory bulbs?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I replaced the high beam bulbs with some VisionX bulbs shortly after purchase of the MP. It took about 10 minutes total. Try using some 8" adjustable pliers with rubber grip covers to twist the socket out of the housing. Otherwise, just let them be. What are you putting in to replace the factory bulbs?
CREE LED bulbs. I simply just need about two more inches of room behind the housings to be able to finger grip the heat sinks and twist them into place.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts