My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
no sir, I just took a video of them malfunctioning to send to the company (ended up going the refund route until the aftermarket starts to get ironed out with the new models).

Ok thanks for the reply. I want to order these, but not if they flicker.

I don't blame you for not wanting to try again. Did ijdm think your case was an isolated incident? Or are they having multiple reports with the 2018's?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok thanks for the reply. I want to order these, but not if they flicker.

I don't blame you for not wanting to try again. Did ijdm think your case was an isolated incident? Or are they having multiple reports with the 2018's?
they said it was isolated and haven't received a complaint/return from any other 2017/2018 customer. not sure if I 100% believe that but take it for what it is. like I said, I'm going to give it a few months to start seeing positive ratings on the proof on concept before I shell out money again. there are cheaper options from other companies & vendors however (lowest I've seen is $90 on eBay).

I will say the fit was PERFECT and holding it next to the OEM lights, I couldn't tell the difference; front or back. the white light that ended up flashing was extremely bright. I wish it would have worked the first time around! the mod will definitely be worth the money if and when it works.

·
Registered
134 Posts
they said it was isolated and haven't received a complaint/return from any other 2017/2018 customer. not sure if I 100% believe that but take it for what it is. like I said, I'm going to give it a few months to start seeing positive ratings on the proof on concept before I shell out money again. there are cheaper options from other companies & vendors however (lowest I've seen is $90 on eBay).

I will say the fit was PERFECT and holding it next to the OEM lights, I couldn't tell the difference; front or back. the white light that ended up flashing was extremely bright. I wish it would have worked the first time around! the mod will definitely be worth the money if and when it works.

Thanks for the detailed info. I appreciate the reply. I'm glad the fit was perfect. That seems to be one of the biggest problem with aftermarket parts. I'll probably give these a shot soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have mine installed as well and have been working well. Had an issue “drl lamp malfunction” once or twice but here’s the pics.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have mine installed as well and have been working well. Had an issue “drl lamp malfunction” once or twice but here’s the pics.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180330/4edc057bf6e48fa07fc01d0a693b4b06.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180330/91b790fc7870a4b79d529f99d866c4f1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180330/8ab8b259fd1c0d4af14d1089e1c127df.jpg[IMG][/quote]

Nice! Ive had these sitting in the box in my back seat for a couple months now. How was the install? Did the bumper have to come off to swap the housings?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put some in this weekend. No errors or hyperflashing. The fit isnt perfect. The end of the light is thicker, if this makes sense, than stock so it doesnt completely slide behind the front bumper. They still fit fine and you wouldnt know it unless you compared them to stock side by side. Theres like a 1/2 - 3/4 in gap but it doesnt look bad. If you took off the front bumper you could shave down the plastic piece that is preventing them from sliding all the way in. If you have the upgraded headlights with the DRL in the headlight they dont match. The factory DRL is a nice pure white while these have a blueish tint. Didnt really matter for me though as all I really wanted was the LED turn signal and IMO the factory headlight DRL looks much better when on by itself

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put some in this weekend. No errors or hyperflashing. The fit isnt perfect. The end of the light is thicker, if this makes sense, than stock so it doesnt completely slide behind the front bumper. They still fit fine and you wouldnt know it unless you compared them to stock side by side. Theres like a 1/2 - 3/4 in gap but it doesnt look bad. If you took off the front bumper you could shave down the plastic piece that is preventing them from sliding all the way in. If you have the upgraded headlights with the DRL in the headlight they dont match. The factory DRL is a nice pure white while these have a blueish tint. Didnt really matter for me though as all I really wanted was the LED turn signal and IMO the factory headlight DRL looks much better when on by itself

Were you able to install them without removing the bumper?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were you able to install them without removing the bumper?
Yes. I removed the front wheels and the front half of the fender liner. I plan on removing the front bumper eventually to paint my grill and all the black trim pieces and so I can try and get them to fit correctly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Having some issues (of course) with the LED switch backs

Anyone had success mine keep dropping off. I’m at a point where I may just need to go back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
The DRL white lamp just disconnects. I unplugged the connector and plugged back in but no go.

This sucks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes I’m going to shoot another email they wanted me to send them in. I’m like what a pain!

Does anyone else have these units?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just removed mine and will not be reinstalling. Way to much trouble. Now to figure what LED bulbs for the DRLs and the Turn Signals.

Comments?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts