My Jeep Compass Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just removed mine and will not be reinstalling. Way to much trouble. Now to figure what LED bulbs for the DRLs and the Turn Signals.

Comments?
it's a pity that they have not worked well.
I have recently installed similar ones and no problem, so far. No hyper flashing. No errors
I just added resistances for the DRL lights, to avoid being slightly lit (3 minutes, aprox) with the car off (not for the turn lights, these are direct plug with the original car harness)

The DRL bulb is an: PSX24W
And the turn signal is: Bulb Amber T20 21W orange indicator (7440)

·
Registered
93 Posts
it's a pity that they have not worked well.

I have recently installed similar ones and no problem, so far. No hyper flashing. No errors

I just added resistances for the DRL lights, to avoid being slightly lit (3 minutes, aprox) with the car off (not for the turn lights, these are direct plug with the original car harness)

The DRL bulb is an: PSX24W

And the turn signal is: Bulb Amber T20 21W orange indicator (7440)

You used bulbs though not the switch back correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked some up from AliExpress for less than $100 a year ago and finally got around to putting them in. A couple issues I noticed with the ones I got (the ones with the smooth CCFL-looking strip) 1) because of the frosting of the lens, the LEDs are less visible from the front during the day in night sunlight. They are brightest when standing between 1-2 o'clock and 10-11 o'clock in relation to the front of the car. 2) the other issue is that the white LEDs don't turn off when the indicator is activated, so it kinda washes out the turn signal. I know it's possible for the white LEDs to stay off when the indicators are off because it does it when I lock the car - only the amber lights turn on, so I'm not sure if this is a wiring thing within the housing, because in the stock housing, the DRL bulb turns off when the indicator is functioning.

One cool thing I didn't realize is that the turn signals are sequential but since the white LEDs don't turn off under most circumstances, it doesn't look as cool.
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/Jeep-Compass-LED-DRL-Lights-Turn-Signal-Lamps-p/70-822.htm

will post pics upon install! on sale right now for cyber week, whatever that means.
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/Jeep-Compass-LED-DRL-Lights-Turn-Signal-Lamps-p/70-822.htm

will post pics upon install! on sale right now for cyber week, whatever that means.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts