My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there am new to all this but i could do with a little help, i got my 2018 Compass 4 weeks ago and have some hic ups

1 New battery already
2 Air Con blowing warm ?
3 Stop Start Not working
4 Phone app not saving telephone number i have saved to it ?

its going back in on the 23rd of this month and want to go back with some sort of questions to ask or answers to give

First Picture is the screen shot of the intake air temp // now i live in England and we have rain/snow and a little sun but we never get -40 ( this never changes warn or cold its the same ) ,,,, is this right ?

Next Screen Shot is the battery Status the garage say its a new battery but it never get above 87% is this correct or should i be seeing 100%

Any help in this would be GREAT thank you all

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
39 Posts
My Compass doesn't have the LIVE app you are showing. The Intake Air Temp is concerning as I think the computer uses that temp to adjust the fuel mixture. That could significantly affect how the engine runs. The display doesn't seem to be showing which battery it is displaying the status of, did you have them both changed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think just the main battery .. because before they changed the battery it read 42% ..

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
39 Posts
I think just the main battery .. because before they changed the battery it read 42% ..
Can you pull up the battery voltage on the instrument cluster? Fully charged it should read around 12.6-12.8 volts. Could also check the battery with a voltmeter if you have one.
Also It can sometimes take a few hours of driving to charge up a new battery. With the vehicle running the voltage should be over 14 volts, if not, then charging will be compromised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts