My Jeep Compass Forum banner

2018 compass auto stop start not working help!

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Jakesmommaw 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 Compass with the dreaded A! On the dash. I didn’t know what was causing it so last week when my car was dead on a cold morning AAA jumped my vehicle and said my main battery was dead so I replaced that and the aux and the start stop service is still unavailable? Anyone have any idea why it still couldn’t be working with 2 brand new batteries?

#2 ·
Hi Pmcginnis821,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, please send our team a PM. We'd be happy to offer assistance.
Alex
JeepCares

#6 ·
My 2018 Jeep Compass Limited had same issue. After a couple months from buying it new the automatic stop/start stopped working. After having it a little over a year it would not start. It could not be jumped so the guy jumping it pushed the buttons on the key fob and it started. I got to work, went to go to lunch and it started rough, would not go over 5mph. I parked it in the lot, called Jeep, they picked it up. They replaced the main battery, aux battery and battery sensor. It has been working fine since.

#11 ·
My daughter is having a similar issue with her 2020 Jeep Compass Trailhawk she purchased 1 year ago. took it to dealer, they said they don't know, probably electrical. Wanted her to replace both batteries at the cost of $600! & then wait & see if that resolves the problem. We have had to jump the car at least 10 times, you never know where you'll be left stranded. There is the A with the circle on the dash & it also throws an error ESC coolant is too high. Took it to Auto Zone, both batteries tested fine. One time she was driving on the highway & it almost came to a complete stop. I don't understand how her vehicle is a 2020 and is worse than my 2016 Ford Fusion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.