My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our New 17 GC & 18 Compass share an odd blemish which I’ve never seen in any new vehicle. The paint, trim interiors of both our new Jeeps is nearly perfect. What got my attention were many (pencil eraser size) spots either between layers of the side windows glass (not on windshield fr or bk) or on one or both sides of each glass panel. Seen only when the sunlight in from an angle it is a real curiosity. Are side panels laminated? (Jeep says the GC glass actually has a sound barrier layered)
I cleaned both sides of both vehicles glass with a good household glass cleaner and followed with SprayWay glass cleaner with super clean micro fiber towels (washed in detergent & bleech, no softeners, double rinsed). I hesitate to use a polish or alcohol or anything not knowing if there is a OEM coating as some house windows.
I am not OCD about my cars windows. Just more than a curiosity and feel like I’m wasting time & effort cleaning!
In the big scheme of things this is minor compared to some problems posted here. Just drives me a little crazy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Never really thought about the composition of window glass until now, though I assume the sound layer won't be on the outside. Maybe they'll replace the glass under warranty?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts