My Jeep Compass Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
So back again. Now at 6500 miles I go for oil change and the entire undercarriage of my car has oil sprayed all over it from a massive leak they remove the engine cover to find motor oil pooling on top of motor. They have no idea where the leak is and they are discussing possibly replacing my entire motor now. This is ridiculous. At this point I’m not even sure it’s safe to drive this thing anymore. Considering it has become a rolling fire hazard and the dealership doesn’t know what to do. If FCA IS MONITORING THIS FORUM PLEASE CONTACT ME AS IT IS LIKELY THAT I AM DRIVING A TRUE LEMON HERE
Same exact issue aboun among a slew of others

·
Administrator
1,891 Posts
Same exact issue aboun among a slew of others
A slew? Considering how many Compasses they make, I haven't seen that many complaints about oil pooling on top of the engine. Oil burners, yes; that was a pretty widespread issue. Thankfully, Jeep has addressed the oil burning issue with the software update. Considering that the software update is related to pressure forcing oil into places it shouldn't go (others may give a better explanation than I can) it could be that instead of squeezing past the rings, the oil found a weak spot in a gasket. Just a guess on my part.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts