My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! at end of patience. First the start stop had issues in the fall. I have noticed she doesn’t like to start smoothly sometimes in Winter or when temp changes a lot. This time she sat for 4 days as ai wasn’t working. Went out won’t start, full power, lights etc, won’t even try to turn over.. Tried to jump just in case, not issue. Now check throttle light is on. Can not turn her off and will not start. Dash reads it’s not in park...
anyone...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Help! at end of patience. First the start stop had issues in the fall. I have noticed she doesn’t like to start smoothly sometimes in Winter or when temp changes a lot. This time she sat for 4 days as ai wasn’t working. Went out won’t start, full power, lights etc, won’t even try to turn over.. Tried to jump just in case, not issue. Now check throttle light is on. Can not turn her off and will not start. Dash reads it’s not in park...
anyone...
Hi Cyndie18,
I can certainly understand the difficulty of your situation, and I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. We recommend that you deliver your vehicle to your dealer for a proper diagnosis. Please send our team a private message with your VIN so that we may assist you while your vehicle is in service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jumping on this and hope someone can help. I bought my 2018 Jeep Compass in March 2019 as a new car. Everything was great until November, 2019 when the Stop/Start malfunctioned. The engine would turn off but it was as if the car locked up. The emergency break came on and nothing turned off for about 15 minutes and the message was "Car On". After 15 minutes it felt as though everything relaxed, all screens went black and I was able to start the car. Over the course of 3 weeks the car was in and out of the Service department where the battery was replaced, the cables replaced and another electronic component replaced. Once again the car worked great until 3 weeks ago. The same problem happened. Finally was seen in the Service Department on Thursday/Friday last week and I was told the issue was the oil was low. I paid for an oil change. Yesterday the same thing - this time I was in the ATM drive up line and blocked the line for 20 minutes before I was finally able to restart the car. I don't think this is an oil issue, has anyone else had this problem. I am going back to the Service Department tomorrow, but what should be done to finally fix this problem?

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Jumping on this and hope someone can help. I bought my 2018 Jeep Compass in March 2019 as a new car. Everything was great until November, 2019 when the Stop/Start malfunctioned. The engine would turn off but it was as if the car locked up. The emergency break came on and nothing turned off for about 15 minutes and the message was "Car On". After 15 minutes it felt as though everything relaxed, all screens went black and I was able to start the car. Over the course of 3 weeks the car was in and out of the Service department where the battery was replaced, the cables replaced and another electronic component replaced. Once again the car worked great until 3 weeks ago. The same problem happened. Finally was seen in the Service Department on Thursday/Friday last week and I was told the issue was the oil was low. I paid for an oil change. Yesterday the same thing - this time I was in the ATM drive up line and blocked the line for 20 minutes before I was finally able to restart the car. I don't think this is an oil issue, has anyone else had this problem. I am going back to the Service Department tomorrow, but what should be done to finally fix this problem?

Thanks for any and all help.

Thanks for reaching out here, Robingail. I am certainly concerned in hearing about the trouble you are experiencing with your Jeep. Please send our team a message with your VIN so that we may look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar issue started 3 days ago. Tried to start, noticed the foot break was stuck and did not function normally. After trying to start, it reads Engine running, but it isn’t.
I got a screen message that reads, Service Break Switch, ran a error code scanner no errors were detected.
Today I got a new battery (according to the store it was drained) and the issue remains.

Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts