My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when trying to start our Compass, I got the message, "key fob not detected." I tried the second fob, same result. I replaced the fob battery, same result. I called service at our local jeep dealer. Left a message, as no one answered. Haven't heard back yet. After research it seems there is a module or something that recognizes the key fob. Hopefully jeep can replace that and it will start correctly. I'll keep all updated. I did learn you can push the start button with the bottom of the key fob, and the engine will start.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also try disconnecting your car's battery or batteries, waiting a few minutes, and then re-connecting them. It could help reset the car itself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also try disconnecting your car's battery or batteries, waiting a few minutes, and then re-connecting them. It could help reset the car itself.
What upsets me is this. I left a message where I bought the car, Moss Bros. Jeep in Moreno Valley, Ca. three days ago and have not received a call back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: The dealer called and I'm taking the Compass in to figure out the issue.

·
1,130 Posts
What upsets me is this. I left a message where I bought the car, Moss Bros. Jeep in Moreno Valley, Ca. three days ago and have not received a call back.
Well, there was a weekend in there. Maybe due to the virus-crisis the guy who answers the phone is working from home. His wife has a huge honey-do list so he's only checking messages every couple days. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts