My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue above. The headlights only came on intermittently and a couple of times I found myself driving home without lights! Then they both stopped working completely. I took my Jeep to a dealer and spent $99 for them to tell me it was the relays. The dealer did not have spare relays so I ordered them myself. It cost me another $40 including shipping from moparpartsgiant.com. The part number is 68200489aa. If it were not for the response and the picture above, I would not have known where they go, so thanks for that. They were super easy to pull out by finger, and replace. All fixed!

· Registered
3 Posts
Same issue here. Originally both driver and passenger side lights were working intermittently and now passenger side works perfectly and nothing at all from driver side. Have had bulbs, wiring harnesses and relay changed. Nothing has worked. Jeep needs to issue a recall.

· Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue today. Checked the fuse, it was blown. Changed it, and it blew again instantly. So I’m guessing it’s a problem in the wiring harness. But I don’t even know where to start. Any ideas?

· Registered
0 Posts
I had the same issue above. The headlights only came on intermittently and a couple of times I found myself driving home without lights! Then they both stopped working completely. I took my Jeep to a dealer and spent $99 for them to tell me it was the relays. The dealer did not have spare relays so I ordered them myself. It cost me another $40 including shipping from moparpartsgiant.com. The part number is 68200489aa. If it were not for the response and the picture above, I would not have known where they go, so thanks for that. They were super easy to pull out by finger, and replace. All fixed!
This scenario and solution worked for me, wish I would have saw this before messing with new lights/ballasts.

· Registered
2 Posts
How to access ballast? I swapped relays. Driver side still won’t fire. Fuses are fine. Bought new ballast but how to access the screws. They are way up there buried.
Ok. Got it out. Had to dremel out some plastic underneath to drop it out bottom. Also has to cut one screw mount on the passenger side. Couldn’t reach. Maybe you are supposed to remove whole front cover and light. But that’s crazy.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
5 Posts
I don’t have words to thank you enough!!! This save my problem. I had changed ballast and bulbs and still got the problem.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts