My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone have pics or video of how to get to the HID bulbs? I'd like to replace them with a higher color temp bulb to pure white, like 5k or so. But they seem sealed in an area and I don't want to break anything. I have experience with auto bulb replacement but I have never seen a big block of plastic around the back of the headlight housing. Not exactly sure how to get in there properly.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't have HIDs but I just went through the MOPAR Tech Authority manual I have for our 2018 and it only shows the halogen headlights. Sorry, thought I would be able to help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would anyone have pics or video of how to get to the HID bulbs? I'd like to replace them with a higher color temp bulb to pure white, like 5k or so. But they seem sealed in an area and I don't want to break anything. I have experience with auto bulb replacement but I have never seen a big block of plastic around the back of the headlight housing. Not exactly sure how to get in there properly.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sealed in for water forging. Counter clockwise twist will open it up. It’s quite tight, so personally instead of installing HIDs I just went with an led bulb so I didn’t have to find room for the hid ballast. Instagram @trailhawkCrf for more details

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sealed in for water forging. Counter clockwise twist will open it up. It’s quite tight, so personally instead of installing HIDs I just went with an led bulb so I didn’t have to find room for the hid ballast. Instagram @trailhawkCrf for more details
my problem man is that my compass came with hid headlight ballast and lights. Part of the upgraded exterior light package. And don’t know how to replace the hid light its self

·
Registered
Jeep Compass Limited 2018
3 Posts

Thank you in advance!
Hi, I thought my UK spec, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, had D3S bulbs, it has the reflector headlights, so after a battle trying to get the bulbs out, they are HB3 9005 bulbs, the owners manual lists the wrong bulbs. Do after looking on the forums, I ordered Auxito bulbs, they are hard to fit in but work great, the same bulb does the high/low beam. I got the bulbs off Amazon UK however they came from the US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts