My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, I just purchased a 2018 Compass Limited with 35, 000 miles. I also purchased extended warranties. After only having for five days my son was telling me about hard downshifting between 25 and 35 miles per hour. I took it for a ride and it happened but not every time. I went back to dealer and of course it didn't happen while they drove it but they are telling me that it is normal. The Carfax report stated that the powertrain control module had been reset four times months apart. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this on my 2018 compass latitude after purchasing from a dealer with about 32k miles. I think the computer needs to learn your driving style and then it will go away.

This is a guess based on my experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good afternoon, I just purchased a 2018 Compass Limited with 35, 000 miles. I also purchased extended warranties. After only having for five days my son was telling me about hard downshifting between 25 and 35 miles per hour. I took it for a ride and it happened but not every time. I went back to dealer and of course it didn't happen while they drove it but they are telling me that it is normal. The Carfax report stated that the powertrain control module had been reset four times months apart. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
You may have already gotten it taken care of, but this was happening to me. Mine is just under 30k miles. It needed a software update and the transmission pan gasket needed replaced. It all fell under warranty, so I don't know the cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts