My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GPS navigation on my 2018 Jeep Compass says “Nebraska” instead of “Northeast”. It also says “ST“ Street or 11 “TH” when asking you to turn. It only does it on streets, not avenues and only when the NE comes before the street name. It words anything that has Southeast in it correctly. I have had it into the dealer numerous times. They have acknowledge the problem but they finally gave up saying that it is not a fixable problem which I find hard to believe. I asked them how come every other car in their lot doesn’t do that and this is the only one that does? And they don’t feel obliged to offer me any kind of compensation. I paid extra just to have that. They told me to just use ApplePlay which is a workaround but I want it to work right. Any suggestions out there?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The GPS navigation on my 2018 Jeep Compass says “Nebraska” instead of “Northeast”. It also says “ST“ Street or 11 “TH” when asking you to turn. It only does it on streets, not avenues and only when the NE comes before the street name. It words anything that has Southeast in it correctly. I have had it into the dealer numerous times. They have acknowledge the problem but they finally gave up saying that it is not a fixable problem which I find hard to believe. I asked them how come every other car in their lot doesn’t do that and this is the only one that does? And they don’t feel obliged to offer me any kind of compensation. I paid extra just to have that. They told me to just use ApplePlay which is a workaround but I want it to work right. Any suggestions out there?
You could take a look at your software and map database versions to compare with others here. But I am not aware of a way to fix those issues without a radio replace or software upgrade.

You can view Radio Part Information in Dealer Mode. Here’s how: Uconnect® | VP4R ASO 8 | HERE

There are other menus in Dealer Mode to show the map database version.

I am in the process of upgrading my 2018 Compass to the latest maps and Uconnect. There are so many Uconnect bug fixes in the version I was upgraded to — and it’s not even the latest yet. More about that: USA navigation map update with MY17.5 radio on 2018 Compass

I was upgraded to 21.9 for free with the special reasons given in the linked thread when my dealer told me previously nothing could be done to upgrade my radio. But my map database is missing now, so I’ll have to buy the map upgrade and get further software updates installed to get maps working again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They did replace the radio and the antenna. They said it’s up to the maker of the GPS to update the software but it could only be updated via hardware. Then they basically wrung their hands of it. They told me to buy the update but I told them that I am willing to pay for the update but only if it fixes the problem. They said that’s the only way to know if it fixes it and they did not know if it would or not. Thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You might want to contact @UconnectCares on Twitter. My dealer also seemed to make up excuses about why my radio could not be updated, but after opening a case with @UconnectCares the wheels started turning at the dealer. Good luck.

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
You might want to contact @UconnectCares on Twitter. My dealer also seemed to make up excuses about why my radio could not be updated, but after opening a case with @UconnectCares the wheels started turning at the dealer. Good luck.
Thanks for the post. Nice to know they are there. I wasn't aware, but fortunately I haven't had issues with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts