My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2018 Jeep compass limited about a month ago. I have been having non stop issues since. I bought it in the middle of March and was told the valve body needed to be replaced. After they fixed the issue, about a week later I started hearing a weird noise when accelerating or taking my foot of the gas, sounded like the car was trying to accelerate and revving on its own (RPM did not move). I brought the car back to Jeep, and they advised I may have been driving in Tiptonic mode as when the tech drove my car he did not hear anything. All was well for about 2 days and now the noise is back. Anyone have a similar issue on what this could be or if this is just the sound the Jeep makes? (first time Jeep owner here)

Side note, I purchased the vehicle from Carmax. I took it to a Jeep delership to do a multipoint inspection and ensure the vehicle itself was running fine and that there were no underlying issues. All came back clear.

·
Super Moderator
1,630 Posts
Yeah, Carmax does not have a good reputation in my mind. That said . . .

My 2018 Compass made a grumbling sound between 25-40MPH. It was solved by an update by the dealer. I was under warranty and there was no charge. See this thread: TSB 08-095-18 Is this the fix for our drivetrain issues? It worked for me by pushing the sound up to 45-50MPH where road noise drowns it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts