My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'd have to guess your start button itself is broken, you would have told us if the dash said something obvious like "keyfob not detected", right? You give us very little details here. A video would be nice, but either way most likely gotta bring it to your dealership for service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd have to guess your start button itself is broken, you would have told us if the dash said something obvious like "keyfob not detected", right? You give us very little details here. A video would be nice, but either way most likely gotta bring it to your dealership for service.
Sorry - not really many details to give. No there are no lights or warning on the dash. Everything else is normal. Sit in the vehicle, push the brake and push the button to start - nothing happens. Get out of the vehicle, use the remote to start it and it starts right up.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'd assume it's the button itself, or a problem with the wiring going to it. Can't break it more than it already is so... Have you tried pressing harder and/or at a bit of an angle? Seems like a dealer will have to take a look at it for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts