My Jeep Compass Forum banner

2018 jeep compass stalling

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  arudlang 
#1 ·
so i bought my car used from car sense last november. 2 weeks ago it stalled while i was sitting at a red light. i had to put it into park and restart it and i thought it was a weird glitch with the auto start feature. it has now done it 2 more times even when i turn the auto start off manually. also, the oil pressure is low sign has popped up momentarily twice. Does anyone know what the hell is going on? i've only had the car for 6 months and it's been completely fine all winter. i feel like it's something electrical but maybe it's something to do with the auto start? i'm trying to make it thru next week when school ends so i can take it to car sense - i hope to god they can fix it! if not, i'll try the local jeep dealer but i really don't want this to turn into a whole big pain in the butt situation... thx.

#3 ·
Check your oil level! If the oil level is too low and therefore the oil pressure drops below a certain point, the engine shuts down as a self-preservation mode. This could happen at any time including cruising down the highway at 60 mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.