My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
2018 Jeep Compass,

We are going through the same issues as everyone one else. So far my dealer has been extremely helpful. They have replaced so far the Transmission, and transfer case. With the noise still being there. They are going to replace the rear diff next. So fingers crossed....So far I am not impressed with this vehicle...

Now with that said...We have had 2 loaner Jeep Compass and they both make the noise as well. One has 25K miles, the other had 5K miles. and ours has 65K
If you need any extra support while your Jeep is at the dealership, let us know!

Kate
Jeep Cares

2018 Jeep Compass,

We are going through the same issues as everyone one else. So far my dealer has been extremely helpful. They have replaced so far the Transmission, and transfer case. With the noise still being there. They are going to replace the rear diff next. So fingers crossed....So far I am not impressed with this vehicle...

Now with that said...We have had 2 loaner Jeep Compass and they both make the noise as well. One has 25K miles, the other had 5K miles. and ours has 65K
My 2017.5 Trailhawk has made the same noise when going from 4th gear to 5th gear under light acceleration.
It has been doing this for well over 120,000 mile my vehicle now has just short of 160,000 mile on it now.
The dealer looked into it and told me since I have lifetime drivetrain warranty to just drive it since they have never been able to find the solution to this issue. So that is what I have been doing. The noise has not gotten any worse and everything has been working just fine,
My sister has a 2020 Cherokee Latitude. It has 30,000 miles and make the same noise as mine so I guess it a Jeep thing. Sorry I have no solution but just wanted to add my experience with this for reference.

Sound like a hum around 45MPH? If so, try turning traction control off or locking 4x4 and see if it goes away. If it does, it's your rear drive unit. They hum when disconnecting. If it's bad enough the dealer may replace it; there's a software update for it, but I've heard it just raises the speed at which it occurs.
What is a rear drive unit? This is happening to me but I can’t find anything online about that

My 2017 has made that noise since I bought it in 2020. Had it at jeep dealer and they replaced the steering column, costing me 2500 dollars. It did nothing for the issue. Yes, jeep needs to get to the bottom of this.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.