My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues with their's!?! First the radio and air conditioning go crazy like it's possessed, the transmission problems out of state and after being updated like it was supposed to it's starting again. Then there's the cool little E brake that loves to just randomly engage, took it for that before of course they couldn't find anything wrong, and now it randomly does it even if the car isn't on?!?! I thought when you bought a new car you would actually enjoy it and not have to worry, needless to say I don't even want my kids riding in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My ebrake started coming on recently. There are two things, one could be that you are taking off your seatbelt and/or opening your door while the vehicle is still moving and/or not in park. The other could be a setting in one of the menues.

The AC can be weird, particularly if "dual climate zones" get activated. I accidently had my passenger side climate adjusted to a different temperature, and then the system wouldn't let me turn down the fan speed because of it. Once I got the dual zone turned off, I was able to control it again.

What is the radio doing?

·
1,123 Posts
Cars today are needlessly complex and the HVAC system is a good example. "Complexity is the enemy of reliability."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My ebrake started coming on recently. There are two things, one could be that you are taking off your seatbelt and/or opening your door while the vehicle is still moving and/or not in park. The other could be a setting in one of the menues.

The AC can be weird, particularly if "dual climate zones" get activated. I accidently had my passenger side climate adjusted to a different temperature, and then the system wouldn't let me turn down the fan speed because of it. Once I got the dual zone turned off, I was able to control it again.

What is the radio doing?
The ac was more than couldn't control it it went absolutely crazy turning the fan all the way up and back down the temperature would change by itself both sides wouldn't be the same, and the radio did the exact same thing go from one channel to another AM then to FM and the XM, and it would all do it at the same time. Definitely enough to drive you crazy, especially since I had family emergency at the same time. I really miss when cars actually had value and reliability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts