My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to notice an annoying rattle either while driving on rough surface or while playing music. (I'm not even talking about rock music either) It's James Taylor for goodness sake. The rattle is coming from the passenger door panel or the B pillar but when I pound on the panel and the pillar, it's tight as can be. There's not a single indicator of anything loose in there.

I've only had this car for 1 month. Anyone got any suggestion besides taking to to the dealer service?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ask for someone to sit on the passenger side and put their arm on the door arm rest. Does the sound go away? If not ask them to slightly push the door? If it still not going away, ask them to put their hand on different locations on the door and slightly push. If any of these make the sound go away, you know where it is coming from If not it is something outside of the door frame.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer said it was a missing foam piece. They just replaced it. I'm still waiting to get my car back. I hope that was it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm beginning to notice an annoying rattle either while driving on rough surface or while playing music. (I'm not even talking about rock music either) It's James Taylor for goodness sake. The rattle is coming from the passenger door panel or the B pillar but when I pound on the panel and the pillar, it's tight as can be. There's not a single indicator of anything loose in there.

I've only had this car for 1 month. Anyone got any suggestion besides taking to to the dealer service?
I'm hearing that too, with mine! I thought it was the seatbelt rattling against the plastic panel

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rattle from rough road surface is gone but rattles from certain music frequency is still there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not alone!! I have the same issue here on my 2018 Limited Compass. Passenger door rattles.
Actually, I have 7600 KM on my car (Canada) and boy does it rattle. Dash, doors, seat, ceiling.... everything rattles on this car.
It looks good, it's a Jeep. The 4x4 is really nice...but FCA's quality control is horrible. :( I wish they had better assembly and better ways to grip parts together .... Now I am going to look crazy at the dealer and they will say that I am too picky...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took the car to the dealer. They removed the passenger door panel and applied lubricant. Sound is now gone (it was rubbing against something internally)...but it still does not feel right to have to do that on a new car...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a rattle also but it seems to be more right front up by wheel, can't find anything loose, has a hard metallic sound to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts