My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I visit the following site: https://www.jeep.com/uconnect/systems/UAM.html

It states that my 2018 Compass Limited with Uconnect 4 8.4" display includes HD radio. My previous vehicle did include HD radio in the factory dash receiver, but it sounded significantly better than what is included with my Compass. My previous vehicle clearly showed in the display when a particular station was broadcast in HD. However, in my Compass I see no such display to indicate the station is being broadcast in HD. Secondly, my previous vehicle had a significant sound quality boost for HD broadcasts. It was CD quality as opposed to regular FM. The sound quality of my Compass for FM broadcasts does not sound like CD quality.

Does anyone know if all Uconnect 4 8.4" in-dash units actually do support HD radio? Is there supposed to be an indicator on the unit when HD reception is available for a particular station?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One additional thing, with my previous vehicle that had HD radio for certain, I had the ability to tune in more stations than what is available for my Compass. HD radio seems to increase the amount of stations broadcast in some way. I cannot get all stations on my Compass either. This is why I am doubting that I actually do have HD radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow. Over a year and nobody responded? If you have navigation you have HD radio. If you do not have navigation, you do not have HD radio. For some reason they bundle the two features together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts