My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m going to have to ask about this software update. I thought I had it figured out as a timing thing. I would get in, not touch the brake, buckle up, then with my finger ready press in the break with my food and immediately follow with pressing start. This was great and worked for 2 weeks with no issues. Well, it didn’t work now and so I’m back on the forum. I’m interested to know if the software update has fixed the issue for anyone, yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had a TSB update performed Saturday that addressed this issue....so far, so good

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy! New forum member here and jumping in knee deep on this issue. Wife texts this morning and her 2019 Compass High Altitude won't start! 800 total miles and we haven't even made a payment yet. Needless to say I'm pissed.

Any final word on that last computer fix from back in April? Did that work and is anyone STILL having starting issues?

I sure hope she didn't pick a junked ride...my oldest daughter did a few years back with a Nissan Sentra. Trans was JUNK and had to be replaced at 60k. Found out that CVT trans is notorious for going out. :raining:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Only time the Jeep will not start for me is when I push the button before putting my foot on the brake. I get the message to put my foot on the brake and push start button but nothing happens when I do. Have to turn everything off by hitting the button again with foot off the brake and then try all over again remembering to have foot on the brake first before pushing button. As long as I do that everything is OK.

Baja-D

Edit Update: Truck has 2K miles and now I can not duplicate the not start issue with the above out of order procedure. !?!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Only time the Jeep will not start for me is when I push the button before putting my foot on the brake. I get the message to put my foot on the brake and push start button but nothing happens when I do. Have to turn everything off by hitting the button again with foot off the brake and then try all over again remembering to have foot on the brake first before pushing button. As long as I do that everything is OK.

Baja-D
I've had that happen to me too, and I keep forgetting how to "correct" it! LoL
I have the page marked now in the Owners Manual.
I've only done it two or three times but it's very frustrating when it does happen and you are in a rush to get somewhere

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same issue with a 2017 Compass Latitude. Just when I think I have the combination of steps figured out to avoid the push button start not actually starting, it fails at starting. I would love to know the work around. The dealership I spoke with was only able to offer that I buy a new Jeep. Not helpful.
My solution for right now is, get out off the car and use remote start. For now that worked every time. I HOPE THIS HELPS !!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts