My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Jeep Compass Limited is experiencing several odd issues. I purchased it last month with only 14,000 miles on it. Below are several of the issues I've been experiencing.

1.) Auto Start/Stop warning light is on and the feature is not working.I also have a message under the message center indicating I need to have the Auto Start/Stop feature serviced.

2.) The red light beside the gear selector is not working, showing which gear is selected. (I.e. drive, reverse, etc..) The light will come on briefly when the car is first started but then it goes out and no longer comes on. I have been using the indicator on the dash to see what gear position I am in.

3.) Odd issues with Uconnect 8.4 system, for instance, the screen will occasionally just go crazy and start selecting different settings. I have cleaned the screen numerous times thinking it was oil or grime on the screen. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does, it will turn different features on, heated seats, change the radio station. etc.

4.) Tried to hook-up a device called CarPlayAir which plugs into the primary USB port and allows you to use Apple CarPlay without plugging in your phone to Uconnect. You can leave your phone in your pocket and will connect through the device. The Jeep Compass Uconnect system will not detect the device via the primary USB port under the radio system. I've tried it on other vehicles and it works great. I tried to manually add it with no success. (I realize this is not a factory component and it's not as big a deal as the first 3 issues.) Just doesn't seem like it should be having issues given its a newer system than some of the other vehicles I have tested it on.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced any of these issues and if so, what the resolution was to fix them. I plan to take the vehicle to the dealership but I would like to have my plan of attack together before I go. The vehicle is still under factory warranty so I don't expect to have any cost associated with the repairs.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

·
962 Posts
Hi, Chris--

I responded to your other post in the auto start/stop thread.

I'm no help when it comes to the U-connect system. In my previous Compass it would sometimes not connect to my phone, but usually on the second trip of the day it would be fine. The only other problem I've had is that it won't disconnect. I'll be parked, in the house and doing something else and want to make a call only to discover its still connected to my car out in the driveway. Weird.

On the shift indicator, does it make any difference if you move it to auto-stick? Honestly I never look down there, I only look at the dashboard indicator..

I hope you get your problems solved. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2019 Jeep Compass Limited is experiencing several odd issues. I purchased it last month with only 14,000 miles on it. Below are several of the issues I've been experiencing.

1.) Auto Start/Stop warning light is on and the feature is not working.I also have a message under the message center indicating I need to have the Auto Start/Stop feature serviced.

2.) The red light beside the gear selector is not working, showing which gear is selected. (I.e. drive, reverse, etc..) The light will come on briefly when the car is first started but then it goes out and no longer comes on. I have been using the indicator on the dash to see what gear position I am in.

3.) Odd issues with Uconnect 8.4 system, for instance, the screen will occasionally just go crazy and start selecting different settings. I have cleaned the screen numerous times thinking it was oil or grime on the screen. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does, it will turn different features on, heated seats, change the radio station. etc.

4.) Tried to hook-up a device called CarPlayAir which plugs into the primary USB port and allows you to use Apple CarPlay without plugging in your phone to Uconnect. You can leave your phone in your pocket and will connect through the device. The Jeep Compass Uconnect system will not detect the device via the primary USB port under the radio system. I've tried it on other vehicles and it works great. I tried to manually add it with no success. (I realize this is not a factory component and it's not as big a deal as the first 3 issues.) Just doesn't seem like it should be having issues given its a newer system than some of the other vehicles I have tested it on.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced any of these issues and if so, what the resolution was to fix them. I plan to take the vehicle to the dealership but I would like to have my plan of attack together before I go. The vehicle is still under factory warranty so I don't expect to have any cost associated with the repairs.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Here's my idea I would check the battery terminals corrosion or maybe loose most likely the neg terminal check both batteries my guess some sort of service was done that required the veheciles battery to be disconnected. Hopefully that will solve the issue I have 2 batteries one for the eco feature start stop and a main so check hope this helps

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Chris I believe a loose battery terminal or possibly corrosion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I received my vehicle back today from the Dealer today. The Auto Start/Stop feature wasn't working because the auxiliary battery (Battery B) was totally dead. They tested it for over four hours and nothing. So they replaced it and it worked as it's supposed to as of now.

The issue with the gear selector light not working is still in progress. They identified the problem and had to order parts to complete the repair. The vehicle will go back to the shop when the parts come in. (Still investigating as to what the actual problem is, they really didn't explain the details.)

The final issue with the Uconnect system was possibly a software/firmware issue. They updated the software so we will see if that fixes it.

I will update this post as I find out if the repairs actually continue to work. I would recommend if you are having issues with your vehicle, contact the FCA Group and request their assistance. My caseworker has been on top of all the issues and reached out to the dealer to ensure everything was going okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts