My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had my Compass sitting for about a week and a half. It has a minor oil leak (55k miles) that I plan on getting serviced soon. Well, when I finally started it up, I noticed multiple items needing serviced, or so it says....

They are: Service hill holder. Service ESC system. Service electric parking brake. Dynamic steering torque service required. Service antilock brake system. 4WD unavailable.

All of these were shown as needing serviced as soon as it turned it back on after sitting that week and a half. Surely, this can't be right. I drove it a mile or so and everything seemed to be in working order, outside of the 4WD.

Any help or advice?! I've had the vehicle for 4 months... :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
These things are finicky when it comes to battery voltage. My guess is since it was sitting, the voltage was on the lower side and caused a bunch of different errors to be thrown on startup. I'd top up the battery (or drive, idle for a while and let the alternator do it), and then try shutting it off for a few and then restarting it. May need to have a place clear the current codes, or drive it a little and see if they clear.

·
Super Moderator
1,851 Posts
Don't panic. Only once my Compass did something similar. It was winter and my neighbor came over to plow my driveway so I backed out of my driveway with a fair ammount of acceleration to crash through the road rind the town truck had left behind. I kept it in Reverse and snuggled it up against the aforementioned road rind and left it for maybe an hour. When I restarted every idiot light imaginable came on. Fearing the worst I took it to a car parts store that reads codes free. By the time I got there <10 miles all but one light had gone off. I shut it off and went in and told my story. He came out with his reader and there wasn't a single code nor was there anything in the history. Go figure. So I'd say take it on a short ride and see if the lights go away. If not, then of course you will need to find out what's going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I drove it around a bit today, but to no avail. Service lights are still there. I am going to put the battery on a charge later and see what that does. If nothing then, I will unhook the battery completely and see if that resets anything. We shall see!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had the same with my 2018 Compass limited. It was my left rear abs sensor. All those systems use the abs sensors. I got the sensor on Rockauto.com. I bought the Mopar one and haven't had an issue again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had the same with my 2018 Compass limited. It was my left rear abs sensor. All those systems use the abs sensors. I got the sensor on Rockauto.com. I bought the Mopar one and haven't had an issue again.
How did you figure out which sensor it is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a scan tool that does abs and airbag codes. You might be able to get them to read it at autozone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts