My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I posted a few weeks ago about some surging that ended up being a cylinder misfire code. Replaced those, and now there's some more misfire codes. Coolant has been disappearing for a good bit now, and I thought it was leaking from the top bc of a bad cap (which was true also). After replacing the cap, the coolant continued to dissappear with no leaks or white residue. About to do a block test but I'm pretty sure it's a blown head gasket. Is this worth fixing? Car is in great shape otherwise, but for that to happen at <50k miles, is this something I should shell out ~1500 dollars for? The car is KBB valued at around 22-24k and my finance loan only has 13k left (got it for around 20k and financed 17k of that). Any advice at all would be appreciated. I love this car and would love to keep it, but don't want to be foolish because of that either.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I thought we had a 5 year/60K drivetrain warranty....seems like this should qualify.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
298 Posts
I would think your covered. Only concern and I know dealers Was all the work done by the dealer? I would check that first before I did anymore.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
298 Posts
I think you would be fine as long as they are the correct plugs. Usually if you have done business with the dealer before more likely to help. Working with warranty can be a hassle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't buy it from a jeep dealer. Found it at a Toyota dealership and they didn't put a warranty on it. Just the factory warranty.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Manufacturers warranty is transferable to new owners during the warranty period. You might want to change the plugs to the ones specified by Jeep if they are not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts