My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Latitude 2.4L 4WD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I had recently about a month ago bought a new 2021 Jeep Compass Latitude with 15 miles off the lot, which now has 1,200 miles. I have been having issues since the start unfortunately as I've had issues with the ball joints and suspension (loud cracking while turning right, slight death wobble). Of course right as I think it is fixed, another issue presents itself. Would anyone know what could be causing my touch screen to stay off as my vehicle starts with or without the engine starting? I've also noticed the Odometer blinking, which would fix itself after a few minutes but continue again once the car is started. Any help is appreciated, as I am really starting to miss my old 2007 Grand cherokee. :cry:

·
Super Moderator
1,625 Posts
I'm just welcoming you to the forum. I don't have any real answers, but it seems to me like there's a loose connection.

Electronics in general are a weak point in the 2nd gen Compass. A few times -- maybe 10 times in 2 years -- my back-up camera either delays starting or stays on after I shift to Drive. Usually it corrects itself within a minute. Another time all my warning lights came on at once -- every conceivable warning flashed on the dash. They all went out before I got to a shop except the CEL. When I restarted that went out, too. There were no stored codes. Besides being a nuisance the touchscreen hasn't given me any other problems.

I trust you are still under warranty, and I hope they are able to correct your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just welcoming you to the forum. I don't have any real answers, but it seems to me like there's a loose connection.

Electronics in general are a weak point in the 2nd gen Compass. A few times -- maybe 10 times in 2 years -- my back-up camera either delays starting or stays on after I shift to Drive. Usually it corrects itself within a minute. Another time all my warning lights came on at once -- every conceivable warning flashed on the dash. They all went out before I got to a shop except the CEL. When I restarted that went out, too. There were no stored codes. Besides being a nuisance the touchscreen hasn't given me any other problems.

I trust you are still under warranty, and I hope they are able to correct your problem.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I love this car and it is such an upgrade from my old jeep, but the dealership has not been able to find any issues or error codes! :( I'm really hoping it's just a loose connection and an easy fix.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I love this car and it is such an upgrade from my old jeep, but the dealership has not been able to find any issues or error codes! :( I'm really hoping it's just a loose connection and an easy fix.
Try to take a video of the issue and show it to the dealer service advisor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I was sent home after driving to my appointment at the dealership because they didn't want to waste the time if it wasn't throwing any error codes or acting up for them at time of service. Sooo.. still no fix, but Chrysler is looking into it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts