My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new here so please be nice....lol. Last friday, I decided purchase a 2022 jeep compass that was actually on the lot, or at least I thought I was, from a dealership. The one dealership that actually had the trim I was interested in, high altitude, was not offering a good deal. Went to my original dealership…was offered a better deal…with the high altitude package included, but the vehicle is listed as “in transit” on their website. The sales rep said it should be about a month wait. But I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with factory ordered vehicles and roughly how long the wait will be? I’m just really excited

·
Administrator
1,964 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new here so please be nice....lol. Last friday, I decided purchase a 2022 jeep compass that was actually on the lot, or at least I thought I was, from a dealership. The one dealership that actually had the trim I was interested in, high altitude, was not offering a good deal. Went to my original dealership…was offered a better deal…with the high altitude package included, but the vehicle is listed as “in transit” on their website. The sales rep said it should be about a month wait. But I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with factory ordered vehicles and roughly how long the wait will be? I’m just really excited
We bought a Wrangler about this time last year. They said 4-6 weeks and it took about 6 to NYC. Then it was a couple weeks more to get it on a truck from NYC to NH. We were about to give up when the dealer said he couldn't find it. The next morning he called and said it had arrived the day before but they hadn't given him the paperwork till that morning. We got it later that day. So I'd say it was 7-8 weeks total, but I forget exactly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We bought a Wrangler about this time last year. They said 4-6 weeks and it took about 6 to NYC. Then it was a couple weeks more to get it on a truck from NYC to NH. We were about to give up when the dealer said he couldn't find it. The next morning he called and said it had arrived the day before but they hadn't given him the paperwork till that morning. We got it later that day. So I'd say it was 7-8 weeks total, but I forget exactly.
Big sigh Ok and thanks for the info. Im really hoping it’ll arrive in December, but a girl can dream…I’ll give the dealership another week or so before i start bugging them for an update…lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have factory ordered 3 vehicles over the years. The last was in 2002, a PT Cruiser which was made in the same assembly plant as the US market Compass is today. At that time they were shipped to the US by rail and I was given the rail car number and could track it. Got the PT in less than 5 weeks from the day I ordered it. I understand today they transport by ship and think they come into the Port of Baltimore for the East Coast and then trucked out from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have factory ordered 3 vehicles over the years. The last was in 2002, a PT Cruiser which was made in the same assembly plant as the US market Compass is today. At that time they were shipped to the US by rail and I was given the rail car number and could track it. Got the PT in less than 5 weeks from the day I ordered it. I understand today they transport by ship and think they come into the Port of Baltimore for the East Coast and then trucked out from there.
did you ask the dealership for the rail car number?

·
Registered
324 Posts
did you ask the dealership for the rail car number?
Yes, Once it was built and left the factory, the dealership could get the rail car number. Followed it on CSX RR up to St Louis, MO then East to Twin Oaks, PA rail yard (8 miles from my home, 10 miles from the dealer), then trucked to the dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
333 Posts
Thank you and same. You know, had I known about dealer trades prior to this I definitely would have asked. This is my first time ever having experience with a factory order
Here in my area that is the quickest way to get one. Hopefully Stellantis will change how they do distribution to the dealers on lot cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts