My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Very recently, my navigation screen and instrument panel/speedometer started to not auto dim at night. In my display settings, it is set to auto and when I turn it to manual, it only lets me adjust the daytime settings even though I have been trying to change this when it has been after 8 PM. I have been searching these forums and everyone with this problem has said the two roller knobs next to my headlight switch will work but it doesn't. It doesn't matter if my lights are on auto, or manual if the display is set to auto or manual, and even when I did a reset and reset the clock and the date. It is beyond frustrating as it worked fine until a few days ago when I was driving to work in the early morning (just after sunrise) and the screen and panel jumped into full daytime brightness. I live in a more rural town/area so when driving in the morning or late at night, the screen and panel are too bright. Rolling the roller knob down does nothing. I even have my Google maps (I am an Android auto user) set to 'automatic' so that it will do night maps at night. It works if I'm just on my phone but when it connects to my car, the navigation setting goes automatically to daytime (& I checked the car settings, too). I can't find the answer anywhere and none of the suggestions about the roller knob work. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!!

Thank you!!
I am also having the same problem. Is there a fix? Thanks!

· Registered
714 Posts
I am also having the same problem. Is there a fix? Thanks!
Hello trade21,

Our internal teams are currently aware of this concern and working to resolve the matter as soon as possible. Further details on the resolution has not been provided at this time. However, we will certainly follow up once new updates are available.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2 Posts
Very recently, my navigation screen and instrument panel/speedometer started to not auto dim at night. In my display settings, it is set to auto and when I turn it to manual, it only lets me adjust the daytime settings even though I have been trying to change this when it has been after 8 PM. I have been searching these forums and everyone with this problem has said the two roller knobs next to my headlight switch will work but it doesn't. It doesn't matter if my lights are on auto, or manual if the display is set to auto or manual, and even when I did a reset and reset the clock and the date. It is beyond frustrating as it worked fine until a few days ago when I was driving to work in the early morning (just after sunrise) and the screen and panel jumped into full daytime brightness. I live in a more rural town/area so when driving in the morning or late at night, the screen and panel are too bright. Rolling the roller knob down does nothing. I even have my Google maps (I am an Android auto user) set to 'automatic' so that it will do night maps at night. It works if I'm just on my phone but when it connects to my car, the navigation setting goes automatically to daytime (& I checked the car settings, too). I can't find the answer anywhere and none of the suggestions about the roller knob work. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!! Thank you!!
Did you ever get a solution to the not dimming issue? Our 2022 just started doing the same thing.

· Registered
714 Posts
Did you ever get a solution to the not dimming issue? Our 2022 just started doing the same thing.
Hi sheppy410,

To add, @kwasny32 is correct. At this time, the engineering team is aware and investigating a resolution for this concern. We are working to get a better timeframe on the resolution, however, you're more than welcome to PM us anytime for further updates.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Reactions: kwasny32

· Registered
714 Posts
My dashboard lights are not adjustable for night driving in my 2022 Jeep Compass latitude and I’ve had frequent service outages for my SiriusXM reception (channel gets locked on last channel/unresponsive.)
My jeep is doing the same thing now
Hi robertsans92 and Sidneykc19,

I'm sorry this is happening with your Compass as well. We assure the internal teams are aware and working to address this as soon as possible for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi ddblair714 and carrie.sliwinski,

We're sorry this is affecting your ownership! As we've been alerted by others on the forum, we have been informed that the proper internal teams are aware of this matter and are currently investigating a resolution as quickly as possible. You are welcome to message us anytime if you need additional assistance with your concerns.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Hi!
My 2022 jeep started doing this same thing today. Is there anyway to help?

· Registered
714 Posts
Just having the same issue, it stays fully bright at night and it wont dim and the dials won’t do much besides dimming the physical buttons below the screen.
Hi!
My 2022 jeep started doing this same thing today. Is there anyway to help?
Hi niribuend and generationbeks28,

We have seen other forum members sharing tips of disconnecting both of their batteries to help. However, our internal teams are still working on a proper resolution as quickly as possible.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2 Posts
I just want to add that mine started this exact issue 2 days ago: entire dash is full-on brightness 24/7.. driving into work at 5AM in the dark starts to make my eyes hurt due to the brightness. I also can't keep connection to my carplay/phone without resetting the radio 2-3x a week. Do the issues have anything to do with my XM Guardian/U-Connect "membership" expiring a few days ago? (I wasn't aware there was a $30 a month charge after a year of the lease).

· Registered
2 Posts
Very recently, my navigation screen and instrument panel/speedometer started to not auto dim at night. In my display settings, it is set to auto and when I turn it to manual, it only lets me adjust the daytime settings even though I have been trying to change this when it has been after 8 PM. I have been searching these forums and everyone with this problem has said the two roller knobs next to my headlight switch will work but it doesn't. It doesn't matter if my lights are on auto, or manual if the display is set to auto or manual, and even when I did a reset and reset the clock and the date. It is beyond frustrating as it worked fine until a few days ago when I was driving to work in the early morning (just after sunrise) and the screen and panel jumped into full daytime brightness. I live in a more rural town/area so when driving in the morning or late at night, the screen and panel are too bright. Rolling the roller knob down does nothing. I even have my Google maps (I am an Android auto user) set to 'automatic' so that it will do night maps at night. It works if I'm just on my phone but when it connects to my car, the navigation setting goes automatically to daytime (& I checked the car settings, too). I can't find the answer anywhere and none of the suggestions about the roller knob work. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!!

Thank you!!
We're sorry to hear this is happening, kwansy32

Feel welcome to PM us your VIN and we'd be happy to have a further look into this for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Very recently, my navigation screen and instrument panel/speedometer started to not auto dim at night. In my display settings, it is set to auto and when I turn it to manual, it only lets me adjust the daytime settings even though I have been trying to change this when it has been after 8 PM. I have been searching these forums and everyone with this problem has said the two roller knobs next to my headlight switch will work but it doesn't. It doesn't matter if my lights are on auto, or manual if the display is set to auto or manual, and even when I did a reset and reset the clock and the date. It is beyond frustrating as it worked fine until a few days ago when I was driving to work in the early morning (just after sunrise) and the screen and panel jumped into full daytime brightness. I live in a more rural town/area so when driving in the morning or late at night, the screen and panel are too bright. Rolling the roller knob down does nothing. I even have my Google maps (I am an Android auto user) set to 'automatic' so that it will do night maps at night. It works if I'm just on my phone but when it connects to my car, the navigation setting goes automatically to daytime (& I checked the car settings, too). I have no VISIBLE hazard safety button (4-way flasher button) to push when driving at night after working. I can't find the answer anywhere and none of the suggestions about the roller knob work.

· Registered
714 Posts
I just want to add that mine started this exact issue 2 days ago: entire dash is full-on brightness 24/7.. driving into work at 5AM in the dark starts to make my eyes hurt due to the brightness. I also can't keep connection to my carplay/phone without resetting the radio 2-3x a week. Do the issues have anything to do with my XM Guardian/U-Connect "membership" expiring a few days ago? (I wasn't aware there was a $30 a month charge after a year of the lease).
Hello staticchmbr,

This does not appear to be connected. However, we're happy to take a further look into any connectivity concerns you're noticing with your Jeep via PM anytime.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
714 Posts
Very recently, my navigation screen and instrument panel/speedometer started to not auto dim at night. In my display settings, it is set to auto and when I turn it to manual, it only lets me adjust the daytime settings even though I have been trying to change this when it has been after 8 PM. I have been searching these forums and everyone with this problem has said the two roller knobs next to my headlight switch will work but it doesn't. It doesn't matter if my lights are on auto, or manual if the display is set to auto or manual, and even when I did a reset and reset the clock and the date. It is beyond frustrating as it worked fine until a few days ago when I was driving to work in the early morning (just after sunrise) and the screen and panel jumped into full daytime brightness. I live in a more rural town/area so when driving in the morning or late at night, the screen and panel are too bright. Rolling the roller knob down does nothing. I even have my Google maps (I am an Android auto user) set to 'automatic' so that it will do night maps at night. It works if I'm just on my phone but when it connects to my car, the navigation setting goes automatically to daytime (& I checked the car settings, too). I have no VISIBLE hazard safety button (4-way flasher button) to push when driving at night after working. I can't find the answer anywhere and none of the suggestions about the roller knob work.
Hi micktimes3,

Please feel welcome to PM us or call 877-426-5337 if you need any assistance!

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
714 Posts
So we have no update yet? The money we spent on this jeep is asinine! Never did I have this problem with Chevy. Let's get this fixed please!
Hi wndrrd,

At this time, Engineering is investigating a resolution to address this soon. Your feedback is certainty heard and will be passed to their teams for further review.

Steph
Jeep Cares

21 - 40 of 40 Posts