My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The wraps are off on the 2022 refresh. I'm not too pleased or impressed. Very mild exterior updates that are nice but nothing special. We're sliding back towards thin squinty headlights again, as if Jeep didn't learn their lesson back when they did that to the early KL Cherokees. Overall the outside is fine, if not mostly the same. Inside is abhorrent, and incredibly un-Jeep-like. The Jeep logo is found in diminution on the steering wheel, accurately matching what's happening to the brand overall. The two-tone interior is hard on my eyes and invokes nothing of Jeep's traditional ruggedness. I hate the standing tablet design of the radio screen. The loss of the selec-terrain knob is disappointing, as far as I'm concerned they can stick their new toggle where it tickles...

Same old 2.4 liter engine. No exciting new hybrid option. Manual transmission option long gone. Introducing a long slew of "self-this" and "self-that" features, because nobody can be responsible for their car's actions anymore, or be trusted to brake when they should, or even park themselves... The only thing they bothered to address is finally there is a place to put your phone, and they tossed in a 360 degree camera option (virtually the last ones to get onboard with that feature).

Going to be another few years of Jeep getting their butt's kicked by more zealous and hungrier competitors who are aggressively putting out competing products that run circles around the Jeeps, sorry to say. Stallantis is doing them zero favors or directional correction so far but then again, none of Jeep's previous step-parents have done much good for the troubled brand in its last half-dozen foster homes, either.

I've got a few good years left in my Compass, if nobody T-bones it at an intersection before then, I hope they get back on track and build something worth being interested in by the time I am shopping for my next vehicle. Love the brand, hate the current offerings and the direction of the new ones coming out.

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
They're getting to a point that the manufacturers may be to blame for accidents. If the vehicle takes control in a crisis situation then how can the driver be held responsible? Safety devices already obscure our view to where they have to install backup cameras, A-pillars are so think as to eclipse vehicles approaching from either side, where does it all end?

As for the character of a Jeep, they need to remember the KISS rule: Keep It Simple, Stupid!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts