My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it is officially out. What do you think? Would you buy it.

·
Administrator
1,891 Posts
The next vehicle I buy will not be weighted down with technology!

As for the Compass, probably not. If I stayed in the FCA fold (or whoever they are now), it would be with a car, not a crossover. Charger? Challenger? If I can get something at the bottom of the line.

Really, I hope my old Patriot lasts forever. It has no touch screen, no power sun visors, no electronic muffler bearings, no gizmos whatsoever. That's what a Jeep oughtta be.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm looking into it. I'm sure the interior will be nice, U-connect 5 will great, maybe the transmission will shift better as long as we're dreaming...heated rear seats is really attractive.

My dealer said "December or January" for when to start expecting them to show up. The "Driver Assist Group 1" doesn't seem to be available. You can select it when you "build" on the website, but the dealer couldn't find it in their system. The managers at my dealer suggested that Jeep is cutting available features that they can't produce (chip shortage, etc). There goes the wireless charging, 360 degree camera, etc. I didn't need that stuff, but I would have gotten it.

I'd rather have the 4xe which isn't available yet, but that is likely to be over 50 grand.

Another weird thing is that trailhawks don't have heated steering wheels according to the website builder and the dealer ordering system. I'm hoping its a typo. I might go with a Limited trim but I'm looking at trailhawk first.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
You might need to get one of the packages to get the heated steering wheel, even though I also don't see it on the list on the Jeep site. But, my local dealership has one with the Trailhawk Convenience Group that has the heated wheel on the sticker, and also on the one with the Trailhawk Elite Group.

I'm going for the one with the Convenience group and sunroof, the elite seems cool but a little too expensive for extras I don't really need. I like the idea of a built in nav, but wireless carplay is fine since I already like how apple maps works, but hate having to plug in my phone every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts